fwak y trifecta no more tune our cars? - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
fwak y trifecta no more tune our cars?
Tuesday, December 04, 2012 4:30 PM
So just went to email vince on tuning my 04 and was informed he dose not want to mess with our cars turboed anymore! (Still dose supercharge flashes)
I was all set up to boost this weekend! Anyone know any other ways or do i have to learn how to hp tune?!?! Honestly lil scared doing it. Any advive or uplifting motivation would be great.

Help me fellow j's your my only hope!

Re: fwak y trifecta no more tune our cars?
Tuesday, December 04, 2012 5:17 PM
Find someone to tune your car with HPT.

FU Tuning

Wednesday, December 05, 2012 4:23 AM
Because he blew another one up, and got sued for it, and lost.
I believe he had to buy a new motor, and pay another company to tune it.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Wednesday, December 05, 2012 5:13 AM
Thats no bueno no wonder he sounded pissed over the e mail.
anyone know any good arizona tunners that could help me in this.
i knew one but hes saying i need a sc reflash then he will go from there. But if i get the reflash chevy will lock it?

Another question is can i run the sc reflash on my set up till i brush on hpt more?

Garrett 60 trimcant t3/t4
Siemens 32lb injectors
I do have the 2.5 bar map with harness too?
Wednesday, December 05, 2012 5:14 AM
Link to story???
Wednesday, December 05, 2012 6:08 AM
the gm s/c reflash should work as a bandaid till you get it tuned
i mean i ran it w/ 16psi on the gm superchager for a long time
Wednesday, December 05, 2012 6:41 AM
Snowman wrote:the gm s/c reflash should work as a bandaid till you get it tuned
i mean i ran it w/ 16psi on the gm superchager for a long time

Thats reassuring i though it was only good to 10-12lbs!
Wednesday, December 05, 2012 6:47 AM
The reflash will not work on those injectors....only 36/lb like the cobalt ss/sc ones.

Also I very highly doubt it will be able to work with that large of a turbo.

The computer is locked with the reflash.
Wednesday, December 05, 2012 7:24 AM
Philly D wrote:The reflash will not work on those injectors....only 36/lb like the cobalt ss/sc ones.

Also I very highly doubt it will be able to work with that large of a turbo.

The computer is locked with the reflash.

So im corect gm will lock it, wonder why he wants me to get it.
Looks like its time to learn to tune.
I contacted one member i know of in az hopefully hes willing to teach me!

All this help is appreciated.

If i dont go into boost i should be fine tho correct? I have a spare locked sc reflash on hand why i ask
Wednesday, December 05, 2012 8:59 AM
How many you guys use thea hpt eio version compared to standered?
Wednesday, December 05, 2012 9:56 AM
I'm betting that the guy in az ment get the 00-02 gm reflash for the ld9 because it is not locked and is speed density based. However it requires an 00-02 ld9 or ln2 harness and computer to work.

Wednesday, December 05, 2012 2:12 PM
JUCNBST wrote:I'm betting that the guy in az ment get the 00-02 gm reflash for the ld9 because it is not locked and is speed density based. However it requires an 00-02 ld9 or ln2 harness and computer to work.

agree on that is what the tuner meant.

FU Tuning

Wednesday, December 05, 2012 3:09 PM
would there be any reason i cant use the demo on hp tuners website?
Wednesday, December 05, 2012 4:07 PM
Chris Gatti wrote:would there be any reason i cant use the demo on hp tuners website?

You have to have the cable, and I think the demo only allows you to look at the files, no changes.

FU Tuning

Wednesday, December 05, 2012 5:29 PM
Addicted to meth wrote:
Chris Gatti wrote:would there be any reason i cant use the demo on hp tuners website?

You have to have the cable, and I think the demo only allows you to look at the files, no changes.

Awww ok thought it would let you at least walk tgrough it lol

Thanks for all yous guy help! Looks like i got some homework to do
Friday, December 07, 2012 4:39 PM
Chris Gatti wrote:How many you guys use thea hpt eio version compared to standered?

You need the enhanced I/O to log a wide band AFR gauge. The wide band AFR is a pretty important piece of the puzzle when tuning.

Monday, December 10, 2012 4:14 AM
I have pro.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Monday, December 10, 2012 3:04 PM
Trifecta doesn't have anything good going for the f-body side either. I wouldn't give him a penny to touch any of my cars again. I can believe md's story of blowing the motor up as he did the base tune on my procharged 95 trans am when the 383 got put in. Supplied him all the specs for the build to the injectors I was using. He was using the wrong injector offset which made it rich as hell part throttle with under 10mpg and then it wasn't adding fuel for the boost at all. After getting it flashed and bitching to him about it, he gave me the lame excuse it should be in the 13's wide open and rich part throttle due to the cam. Though told me to do this and that on the tuner, where he neglected to mention that after two weeks his piece of crap tuner would lock me out of using it. As it took me nearly a week to get the tuner, then had to pick the car up from the shop, to dealing with him not returning the calls. Then to top it off after the two weeks he charged me 500 bux's for the tuner when I was in contact with him the whole time besides the fact he wouldn't return calls. I called and went off sent the tuner back, then it took 3 months where he still never credited me the 500 back. In turn I had to take proof to my bank where he got it back. Then do a charge back.

I agree due it with hptuners and forget about him. Though you don't need pro to log afr. Egr wires or ac pressure switch works wonders. Where it is how my 3400 is setup and tuned on hptuners.
Friday, February 01, 2013 12:44 AM
Ok so i didnt take the time to read all the posts but i will say for a light turbo settup vinces tune does the job...ive been on his tune for over a year and besides my jackass top speed pull i havent broken anything... but i could never imagine his tune being anywhere near safe for a high hp tune... hpt is the way to go... but id take trifecta's version over the gm flash anyday for low hp low boost aps... but with that said his customer service was less than acceptable.. i never fully got a full tune im running the base tune he tweaked twice... so i havent been over 10 psi yet... not that im complaining 10 psi trapped 108 mph on street tires...tuning alpha seems to be an art that few master...
Friday, February 01, 2013 2:30 AM
Doesn't matter how much boost your running, if you have a shotgun tune you will still make expensive noises.

Friday, February 01, 2013 11:03 AM
Im just sayjng its the reflash modified so its as safe as runing the reflash which is a terrible statement since both are less than adequate

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search