HP Tuners to buy or not to buy? - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
HP Tuners to buy or not to buy?
Tuesday, April 11, 2006 12:22 PM
I have some obvious problems with my 02 ecotec, I'm wondering if I should get it now or just wait for the 2bar version to come out, if I get it now will there be an additional cost in getting the 2 bar upgrade thats ideally how id like to tune at some point rather than fuel per rpm

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Re: HP Tuners to buy or not to buy?
Tuesday, April 11, 2006 12:29 PM
this should be in boost

you should get the GM s/c reflash , Tmap and the connector for it

and also get the HP tuners

Tuesday, April 11, 2006 12:50 PM
THE REFLASH IS AVAILABLE FOR THE 2002.......AS LONG AS IT HAS DELPHI INJECOTRS.......I PROGRAMMED ONE FOR TURBO LAST WEEK.

*************Yea i spell liek wrong get over it*****************
** If i write in caps its cause im @ work and i can only write in caps cause the keyboard is a retarded CAPS only keyboard.**
Tuesday, April 11, 2006 2:21 PM
Rodimus Prime wrote:I have some obvious problems with my 02 ecotec, I'm wondering if I should get it now or just wait for the 2bar version to come out, if I get it now will there be an additional cost in getting the 2 bar upgrade thats ideally how id like to tune at some point rather than fuel per rpm

From my understanding of how the HP Tuners will work. Regardless if you get it now or later you will have to spend some of your credits to get the ablity to change the 2 bar maps. You could get the software now, adjust some things and once the 2 bar programs are ready get them. Should be same cost. I could be wrong as well.

FU Tuning

Tuesday, April 11, 2006 4:51 PM
Lots of wrong info guys...

The reflash WILL BE FREE. However, if you get the reflash from a dealer, then you do not have to pay the extra credits, if you get it from a friend who also has HPT, then it will cost you 2 additional credits (you need to have licenses for both the vehicle you are flashing, and the flash file that you are reading from). So all you need is a 2 bar map sensor.

You can get HPT now, definately, and it will not cost you anything additional in the future. You really have only things to gain by getting now. You will be able to learn the software, and learn a bit on how to tune your vehicle while you wait for HPT to put the flash file definitions in place.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Tuesday, April 11, 2006 4:59 PM
hmm i will strongly have to consider so now that makes 2500 in stuff i want lol

need 500 for subs
need 1650 for tein with edfc
need 649 for this HP thing

ugh it never ends.............

Tuesday, April 11, 2006 5:58 PM
scratch subs and teins

and just get the HP tuners

lol

Tuesday, April 11, 2006 6:29 PM
just buy the damn software already. I believe 2 other posts about HP already cover these issues.

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Tuesday, April 11, 2006 8:00 PM
haha i gotta have subs, stereo comps start soon and im an audio guy!

Wednesday, April 12, 2006 4:36 AM
SpeedRacerZ wrote:just buy the damn software already. I believe 2 other posts about HP already cover these issues.

You are right there is other post on this topicm but truly things are not 100% clear on what your are paying for what. If I really wanted to search and I do not I would find the post Shifted made stating we would have to spend credits on the Os files for the 2 bar once updated. No big deal if we do not better in fact, but that is why I posted what I did.

FU Tuning

Wednesday, April 12, 2006 4:40 AM
Rodimus Prime wrote:hmm i will strongly have to consider so now that makes 2500 in stuff i want lol

need 500 for subs
need 1650 for tein with edfc
need 649 for this HP thing

ugh it never ends.............

get another job

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!

Wednesday, April 12, 2006 8:40 AM
if i could find one i could tolerate without stabbing someone through thier skull i would

Wednesday, April 12, 2006 8:15 PM
Pffffft^^^^^ get use to it, every single job out there has an opinion and most are retarded so.....plain and simple, you have to deal with it, its part of life
Thursday, April 13, 2006 4:47 AM
probaly not even looking for one. why dont ya take out another loan?

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search