Hit me up with a retune bro... - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Hit me up with a retune bro...
Sunday, November 17, 2013 5:10 PM
Despite my personal feelings about ZZP, the very first post of this thread is a great read. It's the cold hard truth that most don't want to hear. Sorry if it sounds harsh, but it's 99.9% of the time the truth.

I can only imagine as a high volume company what excuses and ridiculous stories ZZP has to tell, but there comes a point where people need to educate themselves on what a "tune" actually is and what it can/should accomplish. I'm not saying this as any kind of professional or with any kind of formal training, just going from experience. Even through fairly limited experience, you start to learn when something just isn't right - when there's an underlying hardware issue that shouldn't be "tuned" around. As an amateur or hobbyist tuner, I don't really have contracts or terms and conditions, but in fact if you pull your leaking, overheating, improperly fueled heap up to a professional shop asking for a tune, they will laugh you off their property. Just food for thought!

Hit me up with a retune bro. Or not.

Re: Hit me up with a retune bro...
Sunday, November 17, 2013 5:51 PM
I'm with you oldskool. I'm self taught and get the same thing. I can think of one car where the owner always says oh the tune is off. We always find issues with the car.

I think finally those issues are all resolved and car running well.

FU Tuning

Monday, November 18, 2013 3:52 AM
I agree.

I had a similar issue myself with the Gm reflash.

We all know it sucks and isnt right but it will work ok overall with little issues.

I had a crazy knock issue any time I put my foor into it. I assumed it was the reflash. Although my fuel pressure was about where it needed to be my afr's were a little higher then other people with the reflash. So I bought a Racetronic fuel pump. Oddly enough my knock issue all be it not 100% gone is miles better then it was and my afr's are where the other peoples with the flash is.
Tuesday, November 19, 2013 10:25 PM
Psssh, who needs a tune anyway?!

EBay chip ftw bro!

Wednesday, November 20, 2013 1:52 AM
Right!?!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search