ld9 tune - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
ld9 tune
Friday, November 22, 2013 9:06 AM
i will be attempting the ld9 supercharger tune on my 2001 z tonight.... any advice or tips will be greatly appreciated fellas....

Re: ld9 tune
Friday, November 22, 2013 9:15 AM
do you have a wideband? if not dont tune until you do.

RIP silver car. You will be missed.
Friday, November 22, 2013 12:05 PM
explain wide ban... I was going to borrow an hp tuner and downloaf the ld9 tune from yhd repository
Friday, November 22, 2013 1:12 PM
scott hillriegel wrote:explain wide ban... I was going to borrow an hp tuner and downloaf the ld9 tune from yhd repository

You need a wide-band oxygen sensor in the exhaust downpipe so that you can log the air/fuel ratio in the motor with hp tuners. Otherwise you're just shooting in the dark and you won't know if the ld9 tune is working for you or not. That way you don't have to find out the hard way.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Saturday, November 23, 2013 9:37 AM
where can i purchase the wide band sensor
Saturday, November 23, 2013 9:46 AM
Wednesday, December 04, 2013 9:12 AM
tune is complete... loving it, now what should I do next motorwise.... any suggestions. have a venom fuel rail, full exhaust... flywheel,
Saturday, February 15, 2014 8:10 AM
i need some help tuning mine.... geting to much fuel after bigger crank for the m45
Saturday, February 15, 2014 11:49 AM
james walt wrote:i need some help tuning mine.... geting to much fuel after bigger crank for the m45

More info on your setup.

What other mods. Factory tune?
injector size?

FU Tuning

Friday, February 21, 2014 7:30 PM
scott hillriegel wrote:tune is complete... loving it, now what should I do next motorwise.... any suggestions. have a venom fuel rail, full exhaust... flywheel,

The supercharger will appreciate a full exhaust with header, at least 2.5".

Tuesday, March 18, 2014 3:03 AM
zs z: i just recently looked at a post on craiglist...and there is a cavvy that looks just like yours, they're selling a carbon fiber hood i may buy cause my OEM hoods clearcoat is peeling.

however, my j bod has a few issues, and i think it needs a major tune.

i bought this car, after having some car issues with previous cars...i now proudly own a 2000 z24 with the ld9 i do believe. (kid said motor was a swap from a auto trans z24)

he put a header on it, cheap cold air intake (which is F***ed, ill explain in a sec) E3 plugs supposedly and a straight through performance "farty" muffler.
that's what i know of.
now my problem...
I can feel the power drop off in low RPMs, like 2nd gear from about 1.5k- 3k it seems to lag. i can feel it pick up and drop off around 2-2.3k and pick back up at 3.1+k

i can hear a farely loud rattle (over the loudness of the car)...no its NOT piston slap/engine knock. but SOUNDs similar. just is not rpm consistent ( sound drops off when power picks up)
to my knowledge..i do believe this is spark knock

now the cold air intake on my car...the kid before me must not have had patience or common sense to use the internet as of i've fixed a few of this kids f**k ups.
but the MAP/MAF sensor that plugs into the intake pipes, is in a custom drilled hole, that he did not bother sealing, he just kind of stuck the sensor in it. also there was pre drilled holes for the sensor, one was left open AFTER the sensor, and of course the filter... (yay).

i fixed this the best i could with some electrical tape around the sensor and over the unplugged hole. seems to have not done a thing

the exhaust...the header is i think a 2.5" or 3", without a cat...but the kid also decided to leave the stock piping after where the cat would be, along with a nasty looking newb weld to seal and hold it on.

now could i be having a sensor problem? or is it the lack of a cat that could be screwing with this...

i have noticed the car runs WORSE in the warmer weather, since it is winter in michigan, and we've been having crazy temp gains and losses. it does love the 20 degrees or lower weather. but also runs like a pig cold...

how could i fix this? i'd rather do it myself/ learn how. any help or suggestions are much appreciated...thanks..

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search