Tuning with narrowband o2 disconnected - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Tuning with narrowband o2 disconnected
Friday, April 04, 2014 6:13 PM
I read somewhere if you disconnect to o2 sensor that it would read your tables with out the computer trying to compensate. is this true? Will this work for ve tuning?

Re: Tuning with narrowband o2 disconnected
Saturday, April 05, 2014 8:34 AM
Read the stickies, they have the information you're looking for.

Saturday, April 05, 2014 9:25 PM
Spook 427 wrote:I read somewhere if you disconnect to o2 sensor that it would read your tables with out the computer trying to compensate. is this true? Will this work for ve tuning?

Yes, but you can disable closed loop which is what most will do.

i do some tuning with closed loop working as well.

FU Tuning

Monday, April 07, 2014 7:54 PM
I ask because I've been trying both. If i did it in open loop the commanded afr would be 11.5. In closed loop for some reason it would not stay running, when would do ltft+stft and multiply by a percentage it would lean out in idle and it not try to fix its self.
Tuesday, April 08, 2014 12:37 PM
Quote:

when would do ltft+stft and multiply by a percentage it would lean out in idle and it not try to fix its self.

Why are you doing that? When I tune in closed loop I still use my wideband. I do not use LTFT and STFT.

FU Tuning

Tuesday, April 08, 2014 12:41 PM
Addicted to meth wrote:
Quote:

when would do ltft+stft and multiply by a percentage it would lean out in idle and it not try to fix its self.

Why are you doing that? When I tune in closed loop I still use my wideband. I do not use LTFT and STFT.

If I recall correctly....that is how the LNF cobalts are tuned.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Tuesday, April 08, 2014 2:35 PM
-MD- Enforcer wrote:
Addicted to meth wrote:
Quote:

If I recall correctly....that is how the LNF cobalts are tuned.

They have a factory wideband, we do not.

FU Tuning

Tuesday, April 08, 2014 5:12 PM
How do you tune in closed loop with a wideband? If its trying to always to set it to 14.7 wouldn't this skew the numbers? Do I just tune it like its in open loop?
Tuesday, April 08, 2014 6:03 PM
Spook 427 wrote:How do you tune in closed loop with a wideband? If its trying to always to set it to 14.7 wouldn't this skew the numbers? Do I just tune it like its in open loop?

exactly. Use your histograms. I will set it up to only ready 14:6 target, so anything in PE does not log.

FU Tuning

Wednesday, April 09, 2014 4:35 PM
Just double checking this is filtering regular [sens.121]<14.6. This is filtering in PE [sens.121]>14.6. Does this look right or do I have it backwards.
Saturday, April 12, 2014 7:08 PM
[PID.6000]=14.6

FU Tuning

Sunday, April 13, 2014 6:18 PM
I tried it today and it did the same thing, it would just die or go super lean. I think i might have a vacuum leak or a bad tp sensor. TP volts went between .47-.51 at idle and 4.43 at wide open. Any ideas?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search