Using filter strings to get accurate logging data? - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Using filter strings to get accurate logging data?
Saturday, November 29, 2014 10:32 PM
Does anyone know how to write filter commands for logging in HPT? I feel that it is impossible to get accurate logging data for the idle, coastdown, and low rpm ve tables, given how much overlap there is between the tables. I want to filter out the data so that each histogram records data only when the pcm is referencing said table. Can anyone show me how to do this?

Re: Using filter strings to get accurate logging data?
Monday, December 01, 2014 3:30 AM
I don't have my configuration in front of me right not, but you should be able to set up something basic with vehicle speed and TPS. For example, Low RPM VE would be speed and TPS are greater than zero. Idle would be speed = zero. coast down would be TPS = zero and speed is greater than zero. I believe i use numbers a little larger than zero just to be sure I'm distinguishing the data enough, but you get the idea?
Monday, December 01, 2014 7:02 PM
Thanks,though as it turns out, the info was in the hpt help file after all.
Tuesday, December 02, 2014 5:27 PM
For idle I use 0 TPS only, low RPM, just everything equaling 14.6.

I never mess with coast down.

FU Tuning

Tuesday, December 02, 2014 6:44 PM
But the super lean ratios under coast down will skew the low rpm values. My goal is to get everything zeroed out (commanded AFR= actual afr) and then tweak from there. I.e. lean out coastdown, etc.
Tuesday, December 02, 2014 6:50 PM
Another related question... Why does the pcm always drop the AFR under sustained wot? Even with the pe ratio set at 13.2 and the rpm multiplier set to 1 across the board, the commanded AFR still drops to 11.8 or so after a few seconds at wot. As the AFR drops I notice a significant reduction in power. What gives?
Friday, December 05, 2014 2:04 PM
Has anyone else experienced this? Does it only happen with certain pcms?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search