cobolt ss ecu - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
cobolt ss ecu
Friday, March 10, 2006 4:46 PM
can a non supercharged ecotec use the SS's ecu or not . it does not have a rev limiter and can go pass 107. does any one have any ideas

www.teamfriction.org

projert evil K.I.T.T. under way

Re: cobolt ss ecu
Friday, March 10, 2006 4:57 PM
No, the SS and I believe the 2.4 SS both use MAF sensors, the eco in our cars use a MAP sensor. The wiring harnesses are also not the same, you'd have to repin the harness and probably change quite a few sensors.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Friday, March 10, 2006 5:10 PM
the cobalt pcm's are not interchangable with ours

and there is no reason to go over 107

and if you can build your car to go that fast in the 1/4 , you will now how to make it go over 107

Friday, March 10, 2006 5:21 PM
[quote=97cavie24ls(JDM&00s/c sedans™)]and if you can build your car to go that fast in the 1/4 , you will now how to make it go over 107

Im sorry I have never seen the point in this statement. Not trying to start anything but anyone can slap on bolt-on performance mods, a big shot of nitrous, stage 3 clutch and flywheel, some drag radials, a diet and be close to 107

I mean look at nitro.

Just my thoughts.

Friday, March 10, 2006 5:57 PM
Quote:

I mean look at nitro.

yeah. look at him. he actually has the knowledge to do such a mod and proven he can go that fast in the 1/4. the orginal poster has not proven such a thing

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Friday, March 10, 2006 6:27 PM
well since the SS is throttle by wire, and MAF, NO it won't work. beyond that, the SS DOES have a rev limiter although you are correct that it doesn't have a speed limiter.

Simple answer is NO it won't work.

and for the record, evil K.I.T.T. was named K.A.R.R.

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Friday, March 10, 2006 6:28 PM
pretty much if you can do the work yourself , to make your car faster , how ever you choose to make it faster

then you should know what it takes to get past the factory speed gov

its plain and simple

Friday, March 10, 2006 7:22 PM
Buy the HP Tuners kit, you can reprogram anything you want.

Friday, March 10, 2006 7:27 PM
99redz24 wrote:
Quote:

I mean look at nitro.

yeah. look at him. he actually has the knowledge to do such a mod and proven he can go that fast in the 1/4. the orginal poster has not proven such a thing

I wasnt questioning nitro's knowledge, just stateing, it doesnt take as much as everyone is making it out to be.

Take me for example, at one time had my old 2dr with the same mods nitro has plus a couple of other small things. I dont know how to do it, besides forking out major dough for stand alone and @!#$ like that. I dont need the info because I dont go to the track and I get enough speeding tickets with the limiter, much less without it.

I just never understood the point of that saying is all.

On a side note the original poster has nothing to prove to this place to have a fast cavalier. Anyone with the knowledge to do the mod on the track, has that same knowledge to do it on the streets. Not everyone is as responsible as you would like them to be.

-Brandon

Friday, March 10, 2006 9:25 PM
redecocav wrote:
99redz24 wrote:
Quote:

I mean look at nitro.

I wasnt questioning nitro's knowledge, just stateing, it doesnt take as much as everyone is making it out to be.

Take me for example, at one time had my old 2dr with the same mods nitro has plus a couple of other small things. I dont know how to do it, besides forking out major dough for stand alone and @!#$ like that. I dont need the info because I dont go to the track and I get enough speeding tickets with the limiter, much less without it.

I just never understood the point of that saying is all.

On a side note the original poster has nothing to prove to this place to have a fast cavalier. Anyone with the knowledge to do the mod on the track, has that same knowledge to do it on the streets. Not everyone is as responsible as you would like them to be.

Original poster has a valid question. I'm coming here from BBC and turbo EEC cars and would have the same question. I don't want to prove anything here I want to prove it where it counts!
Saturday, March 11, 2006 10:04 AM
i hate that "you should know how" crap. the way that everyone knows how to do it on this board is ILLEGAL.

2004 Cavalier, 2.2L Ecotec
1965 El Camino, 396 BBC, 14:1, 800 BHP

Saturday, March 11, 2006 11:13 AM
Demonchild wrote:i hate that "you should know how" crap. the way that everyone knows how to do it on this board is ILLEGAL.

only if you plan on reselling the car....... and whats the point anyway...... going even close to 108 is ILLEGAL...... hell, putting exhaust on your car is ILLEGAL.......

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Saturday, March 11, 2006 11:53 AM
there are places to go 108 where you will not get caught and it is not a danger to others. in most states an exhaust has to exceed 92 dB to be illegal. Messing with the vss and reporting false milage on the odometer (correct me if i am wrong) is a federal offense. they take it pretty seriously.

2004 Cavalier, 2.2L Ecotec
1965 El Camino, 396 BBC, 14:1, 800 BHP
Saturday, March 11, 2006 12:40 PM
If you're smart enough to NOT exceed the governed speed limit except in areas where you won't get caught and you're not a danger to others, then you're smart enough to figure this one out. There's way more idiots who want to do this than responsible, intelligent people, so giving this info out is generally a bad idea.

15.3 @ 89.97mph, 14's on the way?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search