Swaping an 04 ecu to a 02 ecu... - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Swaping an 04 ecu to a 02 ecu...
Sunday, June 04, 2006 8:29 AM
Is this suppose to be plug and play? I was thinking of swapping my 04 ecu to a 02 ecu, because i read somewhere that the 02 ecu doesn't fight the fuel to keep a 14.7:1 AFR and the 04 Ecu does...

2004 Turbo cavalier 11PSI and blown!

Re: Swaping an 04 ecu to a 02 ecu...
Sunday, June 04, 2006 12:56 PM
if you swap your ecu, I belive your going to have problems. theres a lot of differences. mostly I would imaing your going to have injector impedence problems.

btw why are you worried about a 14.7? Im guessing you going turbo? you should be fine at low numbers.

"boobs now with Riboflabin"
Sunday, June 04, 2006 1:27 PM
I believe that there are different sensors as well as the injector issue. There was a post a while back about changing out sensors for the gm supercharger, being that the charger is only good for 03-05. Correct me if I'm wrong. I am interested in this, would like to hear of updates.

Scott

When I boost, you boost, we boost
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You have been banned from NEJBODY.
You've displayed wayyy too many acts of pushing people to their limits.
It's never cool to tear people down for what they want to do.
NEJBODY is a team. We're not the same as JBO where everyone bashes on eachother.
I'm surprised you show up to our meets after half of the things you say on here.
Sunday, June 04, 2006 3:35 PM
gotta love miss-information on this board , both of them are incorrect

02-03 are the 1's that dont have the problem , im not sure if the s/c reflash corrects the issue on the 04-05

02 has a different style injector , but it is a high ohm , just like the 03-05 , the pin out of the pcm's i had looked like everything was idential , but i do recomend double checking them

also the s/c reflash does work on the 02 , i know ive got 1 in the garage

Sunday, June 04, 2006 6:58 PM
[quote=97cavie24ls(JDM&00s/c sedans™)]gotta love miss-information on this board , both of them are incorrect

02-03 are the 1's that dont have the problem , im not sure if the s/c reflash corrects the issue on the 04-05

02 has a different style injector , but it is a high ohm , just like the 03-05 , the pin out of the pcm's i had looked like everything was idential , but i do recomend double checking them

also the s/c reflash does work on the 02 , i know ive got 1 in the garage

hahaha, isnt it funny. You are exactly who I was thinkin about when I read this post...

Scott

NEJBODY is a team. We're not the same as JBO where everyone bashes on eachother.
I'm surprised you show up to our meets after half of the things you say on here.
Sunday, June 04, 2006 8:31 PM
The reason im asking about swaping an 02 into a 04 is because i tried it and it didn't work at all. It was throwing all kinds of codes, like 6 of em... And i thought they were suppose to be a plug and play. Now im not sure if the ECU was out of an 02 that had an eco... But i suppose that would make a difference? Should i try a 03 Ecu?

Sunday, June 04, 2006 10:34 PM
what codes were you getting ?? that is more important that anything

Monday, June 05, 2006 1:06 AM
If you have a manual, if the ecu is from an auto, or a car other than a jbody, it will throw codes... pj tried using a grand am auto ecu and it ran but it was throwing codes left and right.

also...

DID YOU DO THE PASSLOCK RELEARN BEFORE TRYING TO START IT?

It should work just fine, we swapped PJ's 02 2200 ecu to a 03 Eco cavalier ecu and had no issues.

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Monday, June 05, 2006 6:06 AM
Yes i did relearn the pass lock before i started it up. Once it would start it would run horribly bad. It woul idle at like 400 RPMs throw codes for like cam sensor, trans ect, and a bunch of other not so good codes. Im starting to wonder if the ECU i got wasn't out of a 5speed. You said that makes a difference? Ill have to look around for a different one and make sure it is out of a manual trans... And try it again.

Monday, June 05, 2006 6:23 AM
Could u get it reflashed? Yet another question meant for 97cavie24ls

Scott

Tuesday, June 06, 2006 3:13 PM
its sounds like you had a auto trans pcm , if you were getting trans codes

and that would explain the lower idle speed

reflashing his current pcm with a earlier VIN # , he would have to have a friend at the dealer , in order to do , most dealer heavily frown upon reflashing a pcm with a differenet VIN

Tuesday, June 06, 2006 6:55 PM
So if i find an ECU that was out of a 2002 5-speed cavalier it should work fine???

Im guessing that the one i got is porlly out of an automatic, and that is why i was throwing codes left and right, huh!!!

Well, i will keep ya updated once i find one...

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search