Help on Engine Tuning - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Help on Engine Tuning
Friday, August 19, 2005 3:06 PM
Ok, is some other post I saw people talking about an SAFC (i think) tuning that can be done to the car. And like 5 people said you can get 178 horses out of the cavy by doing this. I dont care if you cant get that much horses, but I just want to know where I can get something like that done. I have no clue where to even start. Do Chevy manufaturers do this? I am clueless, oh and if you can answer this, about how much would something like this cost to have done to your car?

Re: Help on Engine Tuning
Friday, August 19, 2005 3:23 PM
Ok first, I know what post your talking about.

What they are saying is that if our computers weren't so restrictive that we could gain lots more power than 140 HP and they were saying with ignition timing adjustments and fuel adjustments we could gain 178 HP crank...I doubt that but I think you could pull off a couple horses with GREAT dyno tuning.

Honestly, you don't really need an SAFC-2 if your stock. Sure, you could get one and mess with it and see if you could pull a couple horses out but it won't do you any good unless you get it dyno tuned...street tuning is harder to do. I know this for a fact because I have it but I can feel the gains because I am modified.

If you plan on going big, then sure you can buy it anytime you want but other than that it would be a waste to you right now. I don't think there is really much point in spending a $100 for 3 runs on a dyno to see if you can pull off some horsepower.

My suggestion is start doing basic modifications. When fuel becomes an issue or you know fuel will become an issue, then purchase one.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search