Tuning My 96 Cavi w/Tech 2? - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Tuning My 96 Cavi w/Tech 2?
Friday, February 18, 2005 9:02 AM
A friend of mine works a my local GM dealer .
Now I heard a rumour that there is a program that can be downloaded froma tech 2 the take off the speed limiter on my Cavalier .
My first question is this rumour in fact true ?
And if so will it possible damage my engine if I infacted use the program ?

Thanks

Transform .... and Burn out .

Re: Tuning My 96 Cavi w/Tech 2?
Friday, February 18, 2005 9:13 AM
I work for Gm and we can do it. I just tuned my buddies grand am 2.4 with no drl's, no rev limiter, and no speed limiter. The speed limiter wouldnt harm it but you better be modified to handle those speeds cause you WILL kill yourself. I now have no cavalier due to being stupid at 105 and had to swerve a little bit not even moving the steering wheel a 1/2 inch and lost control.

Not now, but someday!
Friday, February 18, 2005 6:52 PM
i call bluff I used to work for a olds dealer and with the tech 2 you can flash the pcm bcm and so on. But you could not change any thing that you wanted the the touch of a button. The flash was only to fix a issue that the current soft ware has. I've used tech 2 alot and tuning is not function of the scan tool. However one of the teachers at the local community college really is trouble shooting engineers for GM and he can adjust parameters with his lab top on his test cars but not with a tech 2.

1979 Impala Sport Coupe Aeroback
Friday, February 18, 2005 11:13 PM
well its not exactly tuning but you can turn stuff off and on. erase certain programmed functions and shizzle like that. you can even shut off the drivers air bag if for some reason its needed.

Not now, but someday!
Saturday, February 19, 2005 5:55 AM
My friend over at the pontiac dealer can infact do it but he needs the VCI# ?
It is the code used to program the Ecm .
Apperently Gm does not give it up all to easy .
At leat thats what the Shop Forman says .

Transform .... and Burn out .
Saturday, February 19, 2005 7:07 AM
From what I was told you have to get the VCI witch I was told you can do also, but it is a bitch. I'm just going to call them up and ask for the VCI cause I would like to take off the DRL cause of the HID's are on my car and the DRL could maybe harm them.

Saturday, February 19, 2005 9:21 AM
the 96-99 its easy to turn the drl's off

the rv limiter and speed limiters , are no can do

i worked for chevy , and you cant do it

Saturday, February 19, 2005 10:28 PM
So, on a 95 2.2, you can'tdo that 97cavie24ls(JDM cav sedan™) ????

I am wondering because i'm getting a new fully built engine, and the valvetrain has been setip to safely go to about 7 K rpm's and it be nice to remove the rev limiter on my computer. Or anyone know of a better way to remove rev limiter and speed limiter.

Sunday, February 20, 2005 12:41 AM
best way is with a stand alone

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search