More fuel control questions - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
More fuel control questions
Saturday, June 24, 2006 6:39 PM
i'm still trying to get my sunfire in open loop constantly. how should i go about that? bc my a/f gauge reads lean when not on throttle and pig rich when on the gas.....and everyone elses a/f guages goies back and forth from lean-stoich-rich....i serious have een like 3 different colors on my gauge lol. red, shade of orange and green.

PJ if u read this u tihnk u could hook me up with some pics of the following charts and such.

Engine>Fuel control>Open & Closed Loop>ECT vs Startup ECT

Engine>Fuel control>Power Enrich>Base AFR vs ECT

MY 2003 SUNFIRE 15.33@88.5mph

"A N/A ecotec is not gonna give Honda's and Mitsu's that much of a run for their
money unless their blown or bottle fed.GM is still smokin crack!"
~1QWKZ24
www.streetracing.org, 08/2001

Re: More fuel control questions
Saturday, June 24, 2006 10:18 PM
Thats exactly what its supposed to do. The O2 sensor switches back and forth very fast, lean to rich, rich to lean. You want that to happen and it should be lean on deceleration and pig rich on acceleration.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Sunday, June 25, 2006 4:57 AM
If you want it to stay in open loop just set all of the cells in the (Engine>Fuel control>Open & Closed Loop>ECT vs Startup ECT) to 300 and it will force open loop because it will never see 300 degrees. It will throw a code. You can shut the code off under the DTC list. I dont know how inspections are done down there, but if they hook the car up to a computer it will cause your car to fail because all your sensors will read not ready.

Sunday, June 25, 2006 5:40 AM
i'll take carew of the emissions by throwing stock settings back on b4 i go.

MY 2003 SUNFIRE 15.33@88.5mph

"A N/A ecotec is not gonna give Honda's and Mitsu's that much of a run for their
money unless their blown or bottle fed.GM is still smokin crack!"
~1QWKZ24
www.streetracing.org, 08/2001
Sunday, June 25, 2006 7:43 AM
Shifted wrote:Thats exactly what its supposed to do. The O2 sensor switches back and forth very fast, lean to rich, rich to lean. You want that to happen and it should be lean on deceleration and pig rich on acceleration.

yup

when ur partial, the vcm is going to adjust fuel to try and reach 14.7:1

when you hit Power Enrichment (open loop), you want your narrowband gauge to go all the way green.

Altho, don't tune using a narrow band... its like trying to read brail with a closed fist... get a wideband before F-ing with fuel too much.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search