HPTuners and larger injectors. - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
HPTuners and larger injectors.
Tuesday, June 27, 2006 6:21 PM
Question,
So if when i get hpt, and use larger injects, say 360cc vs 310cc, can i tune it to idle at a lower PSI (so it idles normal) and not need an adjustable FPR?

Nate

Evolution of Cavyboy-->C22t--> C24na--->c24s/c
1995 Cavalier W/2k1 Engine
GM S/C 13.940@99.78pmh w/2.068 60ft

Re: HPTuners and larger injectors.
Tuesday, June 27, 2006 6:30 PM
Yes you can tune the car to run the 360cc injectors with HP Tuners. One way would be to change the injector constant

Jason
99 Z24

Racers Edge
Johnny Mack Turbo Systems
Engineered Performance
Monday, July 03, 2006 1:28 PM
how hard is that to do? ^^^

im not too famalier... trying to learn

Monday, July 03, 2006 2:32 PM
changing the injector constant is very easy however it hasnt fixed the problem in all cases

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Tuesday, July 04, 2006 6:05 AM
so with the hptuners software, there really wouldn't be a need for a afpr? i was told it would be a good idea to get one to set the base pressure of the injectors before you started tuning?

http://jbok.org
Tuesday, July 04, 2006 6:51 AM
Quote:

how hard is that to do? ^^^

http://www.4cyltuner.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?t=5

Its not that hard to change the injector constant. Actually it was the first thing I did.

Quote:

so with the hptuners software, there really wouldn't be a need for a afpr? i was told it would be a good idea to get one to set the base pressure of the injectors before you started tuning?

True, you wouldn't need an AFPR with HPT software, but I recommend it. It depends on what fuel injector you are using. You have to look to see what they are rated at, and what you car runs good at. I have my car running 30 lb ford injectors @ 40 psi base pressure. I am sure I will have to change the injector constant and maybe the base pressure a little when boost the motor.

Jason
99 Z24

Racers Edge
Johnny Mack Turbo Systems
Engineered Performance
Tuesday, July 04, 2006 10:36 AM
an adjustable FPR is still helpful to have hp tuners just needs constant pressure not varying rates like an fmu car, ive been working with a car with a FPR and its nearly impossible to tune fuel because the AFR does up and down every 100 rpm, theres nothing consistant

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Tuesday, July 04, 2006 11:43 AM
try setting the fpr to the fuel pressure the car is at with vacuum , example 45 psi set your tables , then readjust the fpr back to so that the pressure is back at 45 psi with the line connected

that way you still have increased fuel for engine load

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search