HPT on LN2 Ne luck - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
HPT on LN2 Ne luck
Tuesday, June 27, 2006 9:40 PM
Has anyone tuned a N/A LN2 2200 yet? I'm curious about gains on the LN2. I want to see if it is worth purchasing for my car or not. Also with my car being a auto as well.

2009 Ford Mustang V6

Re: HPT on LN2 Ne luck
Tuesday, June 27, 2006 10:25 PM
u could only benefit from buying HPT unless you don't know what your doing, like my buddy puttin his AFR to 14.7 at 5500 RPM qith no multiplier value because he didn't know what they were . Result number 3 cylinder blown and a fried spark plug. Anyways you could change that stoich AFR from 14.7 to a leaner fuel ratio to get more HP and you can change your spark advance at certain RPM. The potential for HP is always there you just need to know how to do it. To answer your question it's worth buying for your car because if you make performance mods in the future you can adjust them and even if your not going to you can still get a little more HP being GM tunes our cars for economy and not for performance
Tuesday, June 27, 2006 11:14 PM
^ If thats the case, I believe your buddy is the first person to blow a 4 cylinder engine with HP Tuners.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Wednesday, June 28, 2006 12:11 AM
OHV CAV wrote:u could only benefit from buying HPT unless you don't know what your doing, like my buddy puttin his AFR to 14.7 at 5500 RPM qith no multiplier value because he didn't know what they were . Result number 3 cylinder blown and a fried spark plug. Anyways you could change that stoich AFR from 14.7 to a leaner fuel ratio to get more HP and you can change your spark advance at certain RPM. The potential for HP is always there you just need to know how to do it. To answer your question it's worth buying for your car because if you make performance mods in the future you can adjust them and even if your not going to you can still get a little more HP being GM tunes our cars for economy and not for performance

what are you babbling about with this stoich AFR stuff? The LN2 is only stoich at closed loop, when it SHOULD be stoich. You don't program your closed loop for more power. And you sure as hell don't go leaner than 14.7:1 for power reasons. Ever. Unless of course you're running some previously unknown type of fuel.

To the OP- sorry I haven't looked at your registry, but HPT is worth it if you plan on going beyond simple bolt ons like an intake/header/exhaust and getting into headwork and a cam. It CAN make some gains even with just simple bolt ons but I don't know if those gains would be big enough to justify the price tag. If you plan on going boost or doing headwork or a cam, or higher compression, than yes, it is very much worth the price.

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Wednesday, June 28, 2006 9:40 AM
Scarab (Jersey Jay 1.8T wrote:what are you babbling about with this stoich AFR stuff? The LN2 is only stoich at closed loop, when it SHOULD be stoich. You don't program your closed loop for more power. And you sure as hell don't go leaner than 14.7:1 for power reasons. Ever. Unless of course you're running some previously unknown type of fuel.
Quote:

The 2200 has the PE delay set to 5000RPM, almost as bad as the eco, so there is plenty of room to improve by telling the ecu to acheive a AF ratio lower than stoich at a lower RPM. It may not have been worded properly, but it's a valid point.

15.3 @ 89.97mph, 14's on the way?
Thursday, July 06, 2006 2:47 PM
So I'm wondering, how "detuned" is the LN2 from the factory anyway? I'm not sure anyone has really answered this yet and I'd be interested to know what the LN2 is really capable of with a bit of tuning.

Thursday, July 06, 2006 5:15 PM
ln2johnny wrote:So I'm wondering, how "detuned" is the LN2 from the factory anyway? I'm not sure anyone has really answered this yet and I'd be interested to know what the LN2 is really capable of with a bit of tuning.

It really wakes it up, butt dyno is flashing red, but no dyno or track times to back up this feeling. My buddy's 2200 5M with me riding shotgun put a couple of BUS lengths on another 2200 5M with more bolt ons and no passenger, but it would have weighed a bit more before passengers. Engine swap and boost aside, the best $$ you could spend on a performance mod.

15.3 @ 89.97mph, 14's on the way?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search