HPT + Eco SC (no SC reflash) - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
HPT + Eco SC (no SC reflash)
Wednesday, May 31, 2006 4:54 PM
I'm just wondering if anyone is running this combo, and if so could they send me their tune file so I could see some of the settings, thanks.

Re: HPT + Eco SC (no SC reflash)
Wednesday, May 31, 2006 6:12 PM
as far as i know now 1 has done that yet

Wednesday, May 31, 2006 10:09 PM
im doing this right now, but id say my tune is far from right so far

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Wednesday, May 31, 2006 10:32 PM
yeah , but you got the votec s/c

lol

atleast now you should be able to get it right

Wednesday, May 31, 2006 10:36 PM
VE is VE though, doesn't matter if its from a turbo, sc, or nitrous...

VE is the amount of air being shoved into the engine versus the size of the engine, so it really doesn't matter how it gets in there...

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Wednesday, May 31, 2006 11:17 PM
Rodimus Prime wrote:im doing this right now, but id say my tune is far from right so far

Are you doing the whole "fake the 2bar" thing?

Thursday, June 01, 2006 9:18 PM
I may be doing it soon since theres no way Im wasting the money I just spent on pulleys and injectors.

Check out my car....
http://members.cardomain.com/o4blackfire
Friday, June 02, 2006 4:53 AM
Shifted wrote:VE is VE though, doesn't matter if its from a turbo, sc, or nitrous...

VE is the amount of air being shoved into the engine versus the size of the engine, so it really doesn't matter how it gets in there...

HUH? VE is Volumetric Efficiency. And yes it does differ from the Turbo to the SC to Nitrous, as Nitrous doesn't add air to the system it adds the oxidizer and fuel (therby actually using and burning more oxygen in the combustio chamber producing more power)......

When you are modifying the VE curve in the system you need to know how much air is getting crammed into the engine and when. You also need to have a good idea of how well the engine is then removing the exhaust gases as well.

An engine running a SC with a normal exhaust, will have a lower VE then a SC engine with a full mandrel exhaust.

A turbo engines VE will change as the turbo spools up or down, and also with the exhaust like the SC.

and the VE surve on abottle fed engine won't chane from stock.

Compounding this problem is the intake runners, if you port and polish the head, etc......

So no, VE is not VE regardlss of how it gets there....at least that is what I learned in flow dynamics in college, but the professor could have been wrong.

Friday, June 02, 2006 8:38 AM
I think he was getting at the fact that using the VE tables you can tune the engine to account for the extra air being forced in via turbo or SC, regardless of the boost curves each provides. Nitrous is a little different however, and is tuned externally anyways.

15.3 @ 89.97mph, 14's on the way?
Friday, June 02, 2006 10:23 AM
As long as someone can get HP Tuners to work with the GM Eco S/C then I'll be happy cuz as far as I know right now, I wont be able to go with a pulley any smaller than 3.0", at the most. I'm just worried bout my computer and what the GM reflash will be able to support. Don't really feel like doing trial and error at the moment.

Monday, June 12, 2006 8:38 PM
I dont think the fake 2 bar can be done on an eco because there is no way to change the tables to add more fields, 2 bar mapping is not an option

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Tuesday, June 13, 2006 7:24 PM
Rodimus Prime wrote:2 bar mapping is not an option

sure it is...... just with 1/2 the resolution......

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Wednesday, June 14, 2006 5:56 AM
SpeedRacerZ wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:2 bar mapping is not an option

sure it is...... just with 1/2 the resolution......

Which, as I understand it, is how the GM reflash does it anyway, right? No extra fields... just half the resolution.

Wednesday, June 14, 2006 7:06 AM
I have a 05 ecotec sunfire turbo'ed running the "fake 2bar map sensor" thing shifted posted... it works fine for me... im sure for all other ecotecs as well

|Forged 8.9:1 Wiseco Pistons|Forged Eagle Rods|HPTuners|60trim|Tial Wastegate|
|Precision Intercooler|2.5" Exhaust|2.5" Charge Pipes|630CC Mototron Injectors|
|Stock: Fuel Pump, Transmission, Manifold, TB, Head, Head Gasket, Ignition, Suspension...|
Wednesday, June 14, 2006 5:34 PM
Steven Malagon wrote:I have a 05 ecotec sunfire turbo'ed running the "fake 2bar map sensor" thing shifted posted... it works fine for me... im sure for all other ecotecs as well

Hey man, would you be able to send me your tune file to have a look at? I am pretty well the same car as yours, and would like to see if it will work with the SC.

Friday, June 16, 2006 9:19 PM
How much boost are you running Steve?

Check out my car....
http://members.cardomain.com/o4blackfire
Thursday, June 22, 2006 10:44 PM
TTT for a good post. I would love the SC but i want to make sure i can play with it not have to leave it the way GM wanted it because we all know theres more power to be had then they give!.

2002 B4C Camaro Black
2002 LS Sport Cavi Silver
Friday, June 23, 2006 10:39 AM
I figure I am going to be running with 2 ecu's until this get figured out. One with the GM reflash, and the other with HP Tuners setup. BUT i wont have the S/C until winter though, maybe this gets figured out by then.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search