HPT on boosted cars. - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
HPT on boosted cars.
Thursday, June 01, 2006 9:19 AM
OK this is the situation. I will be installing the GMPP SC kit in the next couple of weeks. (2004 auto eco)

After looking into it further, I am looking at going the direction of the SC reflash. I am aware of the reprocussions involved, and that I may not be able to use HP in the future (unless changes are made).

I'm not convinced that the whole "fake a 2bar" thing will be a reasonable solution for me. As it stands right now. I don't have the time or knowledge to dedicate to getting it working right. I do not want to have to rely someone else for the tuning. It's just not fair.

I can get the reflash for an EXTREMELY cheap price, which also is a factor in my decision, and I know it will work right away.

I still have the following questions unanswered in my research;

1) Can the "fake a 2-bar" thing work? There's only one guy I found and he says his tune is "far from right so far"
2) can the SC reflash accomodate "Stage increases" in the future for me i.e. larger injectors, smaller pulley...

Re: HPT on boosted cars.
Thursday, June 01, 2006 10:42 AM
THE S/C REFLASH IS FREE.........IF YOU HAVE IT DONE @ THE DEALER YOU BOUGHT IT FROM

*************Yea i spell liek wrong get over it*****************
** If i write in caps its cause im @ work and i can only write in caps cause the keyboard is a retarded CAPS only keyboard.**
Thursday, June 01, 2006 11:54 AM
I KNOW THAT.............. THANK YOU FOR THE OBVIOUS. THAT WASN'T THE QUESTION.

And, afaik, it's only free if they do the install, otherwise you pay the hourly labour rate. But like I said, that's not the question, let's get back on topic.

Thursday, June 01, 2006 12:00 PM
his caps weren't him yelling, so chill out......

I'd go with the HPT...... its customizable to what you need...... the S/C reflash is only tuned for a stock Eco running the stock Eco charger........

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Thursday, June 01, 2006 1:07 PM
SpeedRacerZ wrote:his caps weren't him yelling, so chill out.......

My bad, didn't pay attention to the sig.

Thursday, June 01, 2006 1:40 PM
No the eco reflash will not handle qan upgrade to larger in jectors, a smaller pulley to a point will be acceptable, though I don't know how small you can go before you start to lean out on the existing injectors from the kit as no one has posted info on it.

Airtonics, who is running the SC swap from an Ion, and is also running a e-manage had to go to bigger injectors, but because of his emanage is able to accomodate them with his smaller pulley. If you get the eco SC reflash you are kinda stuck unless by some miracle HPT decides to start supporting it, but until they can figure everything out with it, doens't look promising.

What I want to do is get a second ECU with a stock program, the possible consider getting the HPT and building a program to support the sc from that. I will get both a BCM and a ECU reflash to a stock program with my VIN, and then begin working it, hopefully do some sort of a bench build with the program from a stock eco, after I understand what all the different derivatives do. But the proiblem is that you are back to working with a stock map sensor, and would have to fake the 2-bar for this to work.

You are basically left with two choices, since you know a person who works at a dealership I would say get a second ecu reflash it with the SC reflash, keep your oem one for now and then wait and see what happens, or just bite the bullet, and take it like the rest of us and not be able to tune with the SC reflash.

Thursday, June 01, 2006 2:05 PM
having a second ECU is a good idea. one stocker to work with the HPT when you start getting into S/C upgrades and a re-flashed one to work so you can get the S/C in and start having some fun. there is room to move even with the GM re-flash. its not strikly limited to the stock S/C kit. i know with the LD9 kit, people are upgrading things and the re-flash is working fine.

Thursday, June 01, 2006 5:27 PM
GM is offering "stage" upgrades for Cobalt SS cars, but I have absolutely no idea whether or not any computer reprogramming is involved. I can't see a reason why they wouldn't offer this upgrade for any other blown Ecotec, so if they do in fact change the ECU program for stage upgrades then you're set, at least that's how I see it!

14.330 @ 96.37mph
Thursday, June 01, 2006 6:27 PM
But isn't the ld9 gm s/c reflash doing the same thing that you would do with hptuners by faking a two bar?

Blew it up, build numbers coming soon
Thursday, June 01, 2006 6:35 PM
for the newer LD9's yeah, i bet they do it for the pre 00's (like i would have to do)

Thursday, June 01, 2006 6:55 PM
If only the "stage" upgrades reflash from GM would work on the cavaliers/sunfires then it would be fine but supposedily it doesn't. Correct me if i'm wrong by any means. Cuz right now it's kinda boring using the stock pulley, i'll be able to go to a 3.1" MAYBE and thats it.

Thursday, June 01, 2006 7:13 PM
The stage upgrades WILL NOT WORK with the eco sc reflash. the computers and programs are entirely different. What we have is what we get.

The stage 2 kit is the first one to get a reflash as you are working with a different injector size on that kit. the computer needs to know what size the injector is. Beyond that I haven't seen much.

Thursday, June 01, 2006 7:24 PM
The cobalt ss and redline ions only get a reflash on stage 1. Stage 1 consists of fuel injectors and reprogramming. Stage 2 is a smaller belt and pulley along with everything in Stage 1.

Thursday, June 01, 2006 8:49 PM
so im a noob. why can't you use HPT with your supercharger reflash

Thursday, June 01, 2006 9:09 PM
you can use hp tuners to take the gm program and tweak it to how you want it to run

Thursday, June 01, 2006 9:50 PM
I have decided I will be using a second ECM with the SC flash to start with, and have the original ECM tuned with HP. It will take a awhile but I am sure me and my friends will be able to figure something out.

Thanks for all the responses...

Thursday, June 01, 2006 11:58 PM
sorry for thread jacking but im still lost. i tried reading some of the hptunner forums and i don't understand the lingo and i got kinda lost. How would the gm reflash effect any tunning that i wanted to do to my car?

Friday, June 02, 2006 2:08 AM
The 2.4 GM S/C reflash is modifiable with HPT......

The EcoTec GM S/C reflash is NOT modifiable with HPT at this time (GM locked out the OS ID)

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Friday, June 02, 2006 6:42 AM
SpeedRacerZ wrote:The 2.4 GM S/C reflash is modifiable with HPT......

The EcoTec GM S/C reflash is NOT modifiable with HPT at this time (GM locked out the OS ID)

link to more info on this ?

15.574 @ 89 mph stock without charger. new times with charger coming soon.
Friday, June 02, 2006 7:00 AM
http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6085

thats one thread, i think there may be more on the topic on those forums

|Forged 8.9:1 Wiseco Pistons|Forged Eagle Rods|HPTuners|60trim|Tial Wastegate|
|Precision Intercooler|2.5" Exhaust|2.5" Charge Pipes|630CC Mototron Injectors|
|Stock: Fuel Pump, Transmission, Manifold, TB, Head, Head Gasket, Ignition, Suspension...|
Friday, June 02, 2006 7:01 AM
thanks

Monday, June 12, 2006 7:32 PM
SpeedRacerZ wrote:The 2.4 GM S/C reflash is modifiable with HPT......

I wonder why they would do something like that

Now Powered By TEAM GREEN

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/827643
boost will be soon for me....
Monday, June 12, 2006 8:10 PM
they couldnt have locked it any more or less than thier other programs im sure hp tuners will be able to work with it at some point

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Tuesday, June 13, 2006 12:24 AM
where are all the 1337 h4x0rs at just break through gm's code like you would anything else
come on help out the ecotec kids

Tuesday, June 13, 2006 5:46 AM
the way they explained it... there's simply nothing they can do.... it's not as if they just put some protection, they deleted the very thing with which they could identify the OS for the ecu....if they can't identify it they can't get the parameters and modify them which means we're pretty much @!#$

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search