Driving without GM reflash - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Driving without GM reflash
Thursday, May 18, 2006 1:18 PM
Is it possible to drive without a GM reflash after putting the charger on? I've heard something about opening the bypass valve, but is that necessary? I'm wanting to put the charger on at my house and then take it to the chevy dealership, to get the reflash, but i'm just wanting to see if i can drive it there without having to tow it......thanx in advance

NEW SIG COMING SOON FOR 07'!!!

Re: Driving without GM reflash
Thursday, May 18, 2006 1:51 PM
You can do it without zip tieing the bypass valve open if you leave the stock map sensor attached and put it on when you get there.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Thursday, May 18, 2006 6:56 PM
I didn't even do that..just drive real easy and don't step on it and its fine.

Drove to work 70km total trip for 3 days before reflash.

Nate

Evolution of Cavyboy-->C22t--> C24na--->c24s/c
1995 Cavalier W/2k1 Engine
GM S/C 13.940@99.78pmh w/2.068 60ft
Thursday, May 18, 2006 8:32 PM
I just recently drove my Z to the dealership with the stock MAP connected and swapped them out when I got there....worked fine for me!

Thursday, May 18, 2006 9:07 PM
i beat the crap outta my 2.4 before i did the reflash on my 00 2.4

the g/fs eco runs way to rich , and will kill the cat

Friday, May 19, 2006 2:01 AM
brian mooney... I've heard something about opening the bypass valve, but is that necessary? ...[/quote wrote:

What exactly can be done by adjusting the bypass valve. It looks as if their is a little bolt that can be adjusted to move the lever on the bypass valve, and i'm still not sure exactly how that works and what effects it has?
Saturday, May 20, 2006 7:11 AM
If I'm not mistaken there's a big yellow sticker that says "DO NOT ADJUST THIS" so any thoughts of playing with that bolt on the valve, banish them from your mind, now.

I drove for 3 days as well without the reflash and the stock MAP.

14.330 @ 96.37mph
Monday, May 22, 2006 6:06 PM
Lil Black Two Four wrote:If I'm not mistaken there's a big yellow sticker that says "DO NOT ADJUST THIS" so any thoughts of playing with that bolt on the valve, banish them from your mind, now.

I drove for 3 days as well without the reflash and the stock MAP.

I didn't see any stickers that said that on mine. I don't know if I'm not looking in the right place or if just isn't on mine. I did the install myself and didn't see it, but I have heard someone else say something about that sticker as well. The problem is, before I knew about that, someone else adjusted it. I tried to put it back to where I thought it was, but I'm not sure if I got it exact. That's why I was curious about what it does so I could have a better idea of how to adjust it back to normal...I just got hp tuners, so maybe I could use it to help me adjust it back to the right place. Any advice or maybe even pictures of how people have their adjusted might help. I have the M62 for the eco if that helps any. Thanks
Monday, May 22, 2006 7:00 PM
[quote=97cavie24ls(JDM&00s/c sedans™)]i beat the crap outta my 2.4 before i did the reflash on my 00 2.4

the g/fs eco runs way to rich , and will kill the cat

I beat mine daily for 6 months before I finally decided to take it off the road for other reasons.

Scott

When I boost, you boost, we boost
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You have been banned from NEJBODY.
You've displayed wayyy too many acts of pushing people to their limits.
It's never cool to tear people down for what they want to do.
NEJBODY is a team. We're not the same as JBO where everyone bashes on eachother.
I'm surprised you show up to our meets after half of the things you say on here.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search