long journey ahead need some insight - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
long journey ahead need some insight
Tuesday, January 30, 2007 12:51 PM
im just finishing up on my turbo project and waiting on hptuners to arrive (hence tuning forum) but as soon as im done with this project im leaving for minnesota from illinois and its an 8hr drive.

what scares me is the question if im gonna be safe or not, i dont have any experience with hptuners or any tuning, and i dont wanna up and rush off for this drive and blow up half way through wisconsin but i have to go there right after i finish the car. now i ask is there anything i should/can do or is there anything you guys can tell me to help, i done plenty of reading on hptuners but i dont have weeks and time to get run after run of tuning, or will i be safe to go there if im not driving like in idiot, or should i do something like remove the wastegate spring and run 0psi all the way there? idk or should i just put the turbo off till a later date even tho im almost done and wont have a garage in MN to do it.... im just worring myself but for all who can help thanks

Re: long journey ahead need some insight
Tuesday, January 30, 2007 12:53 PM
If you stay out of boost, the car behaves exactly as if you weren't boosted...

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Tuesday, January 30, 2007 1:06 PM
i know that but im sure 65-70 on the highway may yeild some boost, but im not hitting WOT so i guess if i keep it out of boost as much as possible ill be ok..

Tuesday, January 30, 2007 4:16 PM
I have a Trubo Z24 (auto). We have taking it on trips and we can drive it without hitting boost. Even at 70mph. How are you going to be tuning the car? On a dyno with a wideband? On the street with a wideband?

FU Tuning

Tuesday, January 30, 2007 9:09 PM
it will be just a street tune for now and as of now it will be without a wideband it sucks but i dont have it yet but it will be on the way soon

Wednesday, January 31, 2007 6:06 AM
gmanz24 wrote:it will be just a street tune for now and as of now it will be without a wideband it sucks but i dont have it yet but it will be on the way soon

If it was me I would try and find someone with a similar set-up as yours that was tuned with HPT. See if you can get a copy of there file and use that as the starting point. This should put the car in a safe range. Again you can drive without boost, so you should be safe.

FU Tuning

Wednesday, January 31, 2007 10:51 AM
ok thanks ill try lookin around for a similar set up or if any one reading this has a tune for a close set up please let me know thanks

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search