VE tuning not working properly... bleh - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
VE tuning not working properly... bleh
Friday, June 29, 2007 12:00 PM
Hey guys, I had this thing working perfectly before, but for some reason it's started acting funny on me. When I use Shifted's histograms, the error % in the boxes is not targeting the 11.9 I wanted, and instead its closer to 14.5 or so. So when I'm driving and the AFR is 11.5, the error says its about 18% off from the target, and when im delerating/idling at 14-15, it says im at close to 0% error.

The Target AFR vs ECT is all set to 11.9, the Mult vs. RPM is set to 1 everywhere. IPW vs. VAC is set to 1 everywhere. I have a wideband gauge in my gauge display thing in HPTuners Scanner, and it is dead on what the Innovate LC-1/XD-16 says in my car. I have the most current update for the VCM suite (2.1.18.0).

Like I said, for a while, it was targetting 11.9, so my tune is PRETTY good right now, but I definitely wanted to keep modifiying it. It's a bit harder to tell if the high RPM table is doing this by myself while driving, but definitely the LOW RPMs are messed up.

Any suggestions?

" To study and not think is a waste. To think and not study is dangerous. "

Re: VE tuning not working properly... bleh
Friday, June 29, 2007 12:22 PM
The target AFR is only used in open loop mode during acceleration enrichment, deceleration will still target 15:1 or higher.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Friday, June 29, 2007 1:36 PM
Okay, fair enough, but even in open loop mode it is targeting a value much higher than what I want it to. So like I said, if im at 12afr+ it still wants it to be more lean even when im giving it gas, even though my target is below that. I was wondering maybe if theres some other value which it uses to target the afr which i might have changed?

Friday, June 29, 2007 2:05 PM
i dont think you are hitting PE mode....thats when your target AF ratio would come into effect. you might be giving it gas, but not enough to kick it into pe mode. Try adjusting your pe settings.
Friday, June 29, 2007 3:30 PM
^ Right, you have to be in PE mode (accel enrich) for it to pay attention to those AFR targets, not just in open loop.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Friday, June 29, 2007 4:16 PM
Actually thats a good point - I did adjust the stock PE values and thats right about when it stopped working properly... I'll try putting them back to stock and seeing if that changes anything...

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search