rev limiter tunercat - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
rev limiter tunercat
Wednesday, June 23, 2010 4:12 PM
Im working on a 95 cavalier dirt car and need to raise the rev limiter , I got the things needed from moates and the tunercat software with the $36 definition file. I raised the rpm to 7000 in the secondary fuel cut off and the car will only go to 6400 according to the dyno. Is there anything else i need to do to get it to 7000 rpms. I do have the comp cams 1.6 ratio roller tip rocker arms and comp cams valve springs and the head is shaved 40 thou.

Re: rev limiter tunercat
Friday, June 25, 2010 3:19 AM
First start with telling what happens at 7000rpm? Is the engine stopping due to valve float, or is it stopping due to a fuel cut?

i find it amusing that SHOoff has nothing better to do but follow me around & be an unhelpful dick in even cross-forum. - Jon Mick
Friday, June 25, 2010 12:19 PM
Maybe I'm not understanding correctly. Are you saying that...
1) you physically can't rev past 6400 RPM?
or
2) you aren't making power up to 7000 RPM like you expect?

If "1", does spark ramp off like the OBD-II cars. I know this is an issue people have had in the past with a standalone controlling fuel and using the stock ignition tune, and they weren't able to rev much past the stock limiter.

I have no signiture
Friday, June 25, 2010 4:28 PM
It's stopping at 6400 rpm because of fuel cut. I don't know if it's somthing I'm doing wrong in tunercat. I've never use this tuning software before I'm used to hondata. I guess I need to look at it again to see if the fuel and timing map goes past 6400. The dyno showed it hit fuel cut in 2nd gear @58 mph 6400 rpm. Btw the car is a 2.2 5 speed and is on the stock chip settings other than the fuel cut. We converted it from auto to manual and it still has the auto ECM.
Saturday, June 26, 2010 10:52 AM
Shift, as you won't be making power after 6400, just damage.

http://www.weatherallsautomotive.com http://www.planethax.com/j-body
Sunday, June 27, 2010 5:55 AM
do a final drive swap and run Third gear.
Sunday, June 27, 2010 9:16 AM
We are running a 1998 getrag trans. What final drive would swap into it?
Monday, June 28, 2010 4:36 PM
Do you need my $36 for tunerpro
<--- guy who did the leg work for tunerpro / tunercat
.. i have a nice XDF still in beta with fuel cut removal.

Also if your using a auto pcm flash, make sure your fuel cut mph is set to 255 as well as all fuel cut rpm params set to FFFF.
Send me a PM if you'd like my tuner pro v5 stuff, i have been working with my 95 NA tuning and its working great.
Thursday, July 01, 2010 8:01 AM
I thought you were running an Isuzu trans.
Saturday, July 03, 2010 9:20 AM
Tom Werdehausen wrote:We are running a 1998 getrag trans. What final drive would swap into it?

JoeBiv318 wrote:I thought you were running an Isuzu trans.

He'd have to run the Isuzu if it is a 98 transmission. Getrag didn't start to 00+ and he'd have to change the mounts around in order to get it to bolt in.

Tom Werdehausen wrote:It's stopping at 6400 rpm because of fuel cut. I don't know if it's somthing I'm doing wrong in tunercat. I've never use this tuning software before I'm used to hondata. I guess I need to look at it again to see if the fuel and timing map goes past 6400. The dyno showed it hit fuel cut in 2nd gear @58 mph 6400 rpm. Btw the car is a 2.2 5 speed and is on the stock chip settings other than the fuel cut. We converted it from auto to manual and it still has the auto ECM.

There should be 4 total fuel cut settings in tunercat, are there not? You should have a Fuel Cutoff and Resume based on MPH. Which you might as well set to 250 or something for your track car. Then you should have a Fuel Cutoff and Resume for RPM. Make sure you have those both adjusted properly. I made a mistake once on my Megasquirt unit and set the resume higher than the cutoff. All it did was make it hit the cutoff at the same time, but sound funny.

i find it amusing that SHOoff has nothing better to do but follow me around & be an unhelpful dick in even cross-forum. - Jon Mick
Monday, July 05, 2010 9:48 AM
Under TABLES

Secondary Fuel Cutoff RPM Limits

ECM Constant (sub tables) :
-Fuel Cutoff Vehicle speed 1
-Fuel Cutoff Vehicle speed 2
-Fuel Resume Vehicle speed
-Fuel Cutoff RPM (not in P/N)
-Fuel Cutoff RPM (in P/N)

sig not found

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search