JSP Carbon Fiber Trunk Lid - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
JSP Carbon Fiber Trunk Lid
Monday, February 14, 2005 2:16 PM
Ok. I bought my trunk lid last week and it came in today. I took off the stock trunk lid and spoiler just fine. I put the stock tails in the new cf hood fine so it was all going pretty smoothly, then I went to mount the trunk on the car and i got the bolts on loosely and i pushed it down and it wont close, it looks like its hitting the rubber trunk lining and i looks like is as far forwards as possible. It also is not flush with the rest of the car, it sits higher up. I talked to QuickBlackEcotec and he said to take out the tension bars, which i will do when i get out of work tonight, but I was wondering if anybody else has any advice. Thanks in advance.

The Silver J......Ridin' Clean....

Re: JSP Carbon Fiber Trunk Lid
Monday, February 14, 2005 2:23 PM
I don't have the jsp one but I do have the VIS. I would suggest to try to mount it yourself. Put the bolts on loosly and try to get it to close. If it closes then go through the back seats and tighten the bolts. Thats what I did and it closed just not the way I wanted it. I ended up taking it to a shop to install it. They had to adjust the lock on the trunk and the part on the body. They said it was a pain. Hope yours works out better then mine did.

Re: JSP Carbon Fiber Trunk Lid
Monday, February 14, 2005 2:46 PM
Mine doesn't have a lock, its shaved. So that wont be a problem. But QBE has the same CF Trunk lid and he said after working with it, it fit like stock. So im confident.

Keep the help coming. I have a feeling im gonna have a long night ahead of me.

The Silver J......Ridin' Clean....
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search