Rear windshield tint. - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Rear windshield tint.
Friday, March 04, 2005 12:44 PM
I just wanna see close ups of the wondow tint on the rear windshield of cavaliers. I want to see how bad the bubbles are, and if you fixed it i would like to see the way it looks with vinyal or whatever method you used to fix it.

i did search no body posts pics of a close shot of their rear window, and I dont blaim them.

I have one true love in my life...And my girlfriend sits next to me in it

Re: Rear windshield tint.
Friday, March 04, 2005 12:53 PM
Usually the best way to do it is stop the tint right below the dot matrix and then have a piece of high gloss black vynal applied to the exterior of the rear windshield and go about a 1/2" below the tint. Then just follow the rear defroster line with an exacto blade and cut the vynal there. Make sure you start at the top of the rear window though with the vynal so their is only one line that is visable. Good luck!

Friday, March 04, 2005 1:10 PM
go to a good tinter and you won't have bubbles
i'll get you pics, but you gotta give me a lil bit...i'm at work

Friday, March 04, 2005 1:20 PM
I never had a problem with having the rear window tinted on any of my j's. I had a 2000 Z24 and now a 2002. I'll try to get pics.

joe santiago
DOHC ECOtec
member of nejbody.org
Friday, March 04, 2005 1:51 PM

I will take some more tonight with more light and an interior shot looking through the rear window.

Hope that helps.

Friday, March 04, 2005 3:30 PM
Hey, i got my windows tinted.. it lookd okay at night when i picked it up from a shop, most of its all good, but on my 04 Cavy that damn defroster...*sigh* ...on the corners there was a piece missing, and also that dot matrix looks horrible, i'll post some pix in a few, -Ozzie

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search