JDM LS sport Conversion..need a lil help - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
JDM LS sport Conversion..need a lil help
Monday, March 14, 2005 9:33 PM
Ok so i'm doing an LS sport bumper conversion on my base model..and i have a couple of questions for you guys..Thanks for the help in advance

1) Is there a website/link that has a diagram of how to get the front and back bumpers off..as in showing where all the pins/clips/screws are?

2)Is there a website that sells OEM LS sport side skirts for a decent price?

3) There are some minor scratches that i'm gonna fix and i need to know if i should sand all the paint off the bumpers before i put a coat of primer on them?

Thanks Again

Re: JDM LS sport Conversion..need a lil help
Monday, March 14, 2005 9:40 PM
ummm

what the hell is jdm about upgrading to ls sport stuff

???????????????????????????????????????

Monday, March 14, 2005 9:40 PM
especially if you drive an 05

Monday, March 14, 2005 10:08 PM
its a joke...
Tuesday, March 15, 2005 6:37 AM
taking bumpers off isnt hard
as far as best place to look....chiltons manual maybe
and for parts, ebay, classifieds on here...dealers...rape you on cost..unless you wanna get it there

Tuesday, March 15, 2005 9:27 AM
yeah i know getting the bumpers off isnt hard because i helped the guy take them off his car..except he already had like 1/4 of the work done..so i just wanted to see what i missed to save time..Anyone have any ideas on a side skirt that isnt ricey?
Tuesday, March 15, 2005 9:40 AM

Tuesday, March 15, 2005 1:37 PM
gay lol they just unbolt.

. member 1244or55
.http://www22.ocn.ne.jp/~cavalier
Tuesday, March 15, 2005 1:51 PM
ok no need to be dicks gentlemen ..can anyone help with the other issues?
Tuesday, March 15, 2005 4:28 PM
like what painting your bumper. just search. in the last month there has been about 200 paint questions in the exterior section. yes strip the bumper down, then repaint. no offense but all these questions could have been answered w/ a search. i know i posted about 5-6 times on how to remove and install bumpers

Wednesday, March 16, 2005 12:13 AM
Im starting to hate the JBO. Its no longer a forum, its more of a SEARCH ENGINE! Got to love it huh...

Wednesday, March 16, 2005 8:53 AM
if people would ask direct questions

and space stuff out

so its easier to understand

what they want

and not be stupid and use jdm terms for his 05

Wednesday, March 16, 2005 10:18 AM
well how much easier can i possibly make it for you to understand?wtf?
I labeled each question 1,2,3 and i spaced them
Wednesday, March 16, 2005 10:41 AM
Wednesday, March 16, 2005 6:30 PM
Quote:

Im starting to hate the JBO. Its no longer a forum, its more of a SEARCH ENGINE! Got to love it huh...

it is a forum but im not posting info again that has been discussed about 1000 times. the first thing you should do before you post is search for it. if you cant find it, then post. taking off bumpers is covered like once a week. people get tired of answering the same question because people are too lazy to search

Wednesday, March 16, 2005 10:38 PM
yeah well i was asking for a diagram not instructions..besides that wasnt the only thing i needed help with
Thursday, March 17, 2005 1:39 AM
1 - look in a chiltons or haynes manual

2 - no, not unless you wanna pay more than there worth....go to a junkyard or find someone who had them but got rid of them for a body kit and buy them off of them....your best bet is probabaly ebay

3 - not necassary to get all of the paint of as long as all of the clear coat is off...it would be wise though..as long as youhave sander in hand...to take all of the paint off before you lay a a new coat of primer to paint it - and on a side note...if you have to ask this you shouldnt be painting it yourself...take it somewhere to get it done

and on your side skirt rice question..... side skirts dont make the car ricey , the fron and back bumper ( the larger sections of the kit) and the stickers and aluminum spoiler make it ricey ( oh and dont forget the fart can) so your answer is - any side skirt you can find ...you dont have to worry about being ricey...as long as its for a cavalier and your not trying to fit a different vehicle's side skirt to your car

a search would eliminate all of these questions though as stated above.... i know i have seen all of these questions ( especially the painting one) pop up many times within the last few weeks

Thursday, March 17, 2005 1:42 AM
oh.....and dont use misleading information in the title of your post... ie JDM

even though many knew that you didnt know what you were talkign about and you werent doing anything JDM before they clicked on it... many also get mislead . its things like misleading post titles - all caps - huge font - and a few other things that make it easier for people to spew out the search answer before they help you...just a little hint for the future

Thursday, March 17, 2005 2:19 AM
Daymn Brandon cant you stick to getting owned on one forum?

lol

My 2k3 Chevy | Nebraska Region SCCA
Thursday, March 17, 2005 12:47 PM
autozone.com has chilton's manuals online

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search