Need help with 2000 headlight conversion! - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Need help with 2000 headlight conversion!
Tuesday, March 15, 2005 12:54 PM
If anyone had had any experience with this I need your help, I have no idea how the brackets work for this, since rksport sent me such helpful instructions, they don't mention anything about the brackets once. Or if anyone knows of any detailed instructions for me, thanks in advance.

Re: Need help with 2000 headlight conversion!
Tuesday, March 15, 2005 12:56 PM
what brackets? you mean for the corner lenses?

You dont need brackets for the corner lenses, they snap into the headlights. You have to remove the older 95-99 corner lense bracket though.

Tuesday, March 15, 2005 1:28 PM
So I have to take the fenders off, and remove that whole bracket, is what you are saying.
Tuesday, March 15, 2005 1:41 PM
You have to remove the corner bracket from your fender, it is spot welded on. Drill holes where the welds are and it should be easier to remove.

Quote:

what brackets? you mean for the corner lenses? You dont need brackets for the corner lenses, they snap into the headlights. You have to remove the older 95-99 corner lense bracket though.

Not entirely true. 00's have a bracket that mounts behind the headlight and wraps around to where the corner light goes. It has two tabs for the bottom of the headlight housing to slide into, where as the 95-99 has that one black L-shaped tab. The 00 corner light does snap into the headlight, but it also has a peg sticking out that goes into the hole on the 00 bracket to hold the corner of it in place.

Convert 00+ headlights to 95-99
Tuesday, March 15, 2005 9:31 PM
Question about the wiring....I did the 00+ swap about a month ago...But I dont think I wired up the headlights right...Can somebody tell me how the wire up properly....I dont have day-time-running lights...Plus the light inside the cluster flashes until I turn the headlights on.

Anybody...I just need to know how the 4 hook up into 3

Wednesday, March 16, 2005 2:55 AM
Well I know what your talking about, since I just completed mine, I found that I had an extra blue wire left, I tried it without hooking that up to anything and it worked, so I just covered it with some tape, and said forget it, which was weird though b/c I still had 2 connectors left that came with the product, but it didn't make sense where that one would hook up to. Highs work and lows work, thats all I care about haha
Wednesday, March 16, 2005 3:26 AM
Phil Mennitti has this wiring diagram on his cardomain site for the swap

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search