Front Air Dam - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Front Air Dam
Wednesday, March 16, 2005 4:31 PM
Is that black lip on the front of the car important? i know on older cars it helped deal with cooling. But the passenger side where they connect is broke and looks crappy. So is there any problem if i just remove it completely?

Re: Front Air Dam
Wednesday, March 16, 2005 4:52 PM
i wanna take it off too but i didnt think it was for that... though it was for @!#$ in the way on the road so it dosent go up in the engine belts and stuff...

listening...

Matt

http://members.cardomain.com/mattlb2200

Quote:

What day is it again?.... I don't sleep enough.....

Wednesday, March 16, 2005 5:01 PM
its used to push air up into the rad to cool it down i believe. i had a problem with mine where it got messed up on the sides. i cut the sides off and i just the piece right under the rad

Wednesday, March 16, 2005 5:05 PM
I may have to do that because the right piece is broke off and it wont stop anything in front of the belt anyway. so im thinking i may take the whole thing off anyway and take my chances. I dony know yet. Ideas please. Looks bad with a broke piece. You hae a pic of just the middle piece left so i can see what it looks like?

Wednesday, March 16, 2005 5:32 PM
mines been off for 3 years no problems what so ever.
Wednesday, March 16, 2005 6:35 PM
This black air dam or plastic lip under the radiator lip is called the "lower radiator air deflector" and help a lot making a low pressure zone under the radiator forcing more fresh air into it. Many high performance cars, like the Corvette and others uses this deflector to improve cooling effects and also generate some kind of RAM effect if is used properly for air intake.

Again this lip don't decrease you engine temps 20º or mkes you gain 5Hp, only helps to make a more progressive and kind enviroment for the engine, that means more constant average performance.

Inclusive those dams cost only $20 shipped form gmpartsdirect.com.

I hope that info help you a little.

Regards,

ELIOT. Now.....boosted.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search