Installing Underbody LEDs - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Installing Underbody LEDs
Thursday, March 17, 2005 4:13 PM
I just ordered a set of PlasmaGlows from A+. I have no idea where to start when it comes to attaching them to the car.

I have an 03 Cav with the RKSport kit. About how far from the edges should I come with the strips? Are there any particular mounting points that work better than others?

I plan to put the car on a friend's lift so I will have full access to the bottom.

Hooking up the switch, power, etc is no problemo.

Thanks in advance,

Steve

http://www.bluecavcustoms.com

Re: Installing Underbody LEDs
Thursday, March 17, 2005 5:48 PM
Steve,

Had a set of yellow underbodies on my '02. Once you get under there, you'll discover that you're pretty limited to the number of "spots" you can install those strips. They will basically zip-tie to a few factory "holes" that are in the frame. Install them on the OUTSIDE of the frame. That's my only advice. Installing them on the inside really destroys the potential light output. Line 'em up on the outside of the frame and you'll be straight!

Peace.

NO...it's NOT a freakin' Honda!!!
Thursday, March 17, 2005 10:15 PM
as long as you cannot see the bulb itself @ night, its all good, if you can see the bulb, ugly as @!#$... put em on the inside, it doesnt really kill the light taht bad.

Friday, March 18, 2005 12:28 AM
Steve,

Justin is right in one aspect; if you DON'T have sideskirts, and/or your J-Body ISN'T lowered, you WILL likely see the bulbs at night, which produces a whack effect. However, if you have aftermarket sideskirts, OR if your car is simply lowered, installing the bulbs on the outside of the frame is the way to go, because you: A) Will have maximum light-spread; and B) You, of course, won't be able to see the bulbs.
If you mount them to the inside of the frame, the light spread will suck. Personal experience here, trust me. Either way it's your choice; i.e. trial and error!

Peace.

NO...it's NOT a freakin' Honda!!!
Saturday, March 19, 2005 2:07 PM
and where did you guys put your rear light

cardomain page
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search