Sunfire GT sideskirts and side moldings on my Z24? - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Sunfire GT sideskirts and side moldings on my Z24?
Wednesday, July 19, 2006 11:24 PM
Well my buddy greg has a 02 Sunfire GT and I was looking at it and I really liked the way the entire bottom half of the car is plastic. So I was wondering if I were able to find the Sunfire GT sideskirts and side moldings would it be a direct bolt on to my 98 Z24? As far as I can tell it should be exactly the same but I thought I'd ask the experts...

And if it will work, who wants to sell me some? haha

Thanks in advance...

Re: Sunfire GT sideskirts and side moldings on my
Wednesday, July 19, 2006 11:29 PM
Sideskirts, yes, the door moldings are a different story, they are actually bolted to the door, you'll have to drill holes in exactly the right spot for it to work.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Wednesday, July 19, 2006 11:41 PM
Well that's not what I wanted to hear...

I wonder how hard it would be, I'd probably be better off finding sunfire doors and just using those if I decide to do it...

Wednesday, July 19, 2006 11:50 PM
wouldnt be that hard really...just better be sure you like them

Thursday, July 20, 2006 1:06 AM
Yea, and I'd also have to figure out how to fill in the "Sunfire GT" on the molding...

Thursday, July 20, 2006 1:13 AM
scratch that, looks like they don't all have it molded into the plastic...

Friday, July 21, 2006 5:15 AM
Both the sides and the door skins are mostly plugged into the car. You'll need to drill holes.

The 95-99 GT's don't have the Sunfire logo molded into them. All the 03+ Sunfire coupes have it.

RK Sport makes door skins that are exactly the same shape but don't use the plugs to attach. I've actually got a pair of these for sale, though I don't really know what to ask for them.

I honestly think it's probably more trouble than it's worth. If you really like the look, you'd be better off going with the RK Sport Streetfire sides since they don't use the plugs to attach.

You can certainly make it all happen with enough effort though.

Friday, July 21, 2006 6:25 AM
you don't have to drill holes, some double sided tape should work.

Friday, July 21, 2006 8:08 AM
There's no place on the back of the sides to put double sided tape. No flat surfaces.

I suppose a big blob of urethane adhesive would work. But if you ever need to take off the fender or something you'll be in a bit of trouble.

Friday, July 21, 2006 12:13 PM
some on here did it already.

2004 Grand Prix GTP (Competition Group)
SOLD-->1999 Z24 5M-#30 to register on JBO
"You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all the people'
all the time

Tuesday, July 25, 2006 6:51 AM
Mylife75 (ajose) wrote:some on here did it already.

Yeah? Show me.

Saturday, March 09, 2013 7:47 PM
ok so i have a 99 sunfire gt. before i had the car, the previous owner had the street fire kit but before i got the car he took off the body kit. now i dont have any sideskirts and i cant find gt skirts anywhere and the 03-05 seem to be same with the "sunfire" in them. These seem to be much easier to find so i was wondering if they would ge a direct fit if all the clips and everything would be in the same spot.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search