installing rear gm lip (new question, ive searched) - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
installing rear gm lip (new question, ive searched)
Monday, June 25, 2007 10:04 PM
k well i understand cutting the slots and etc, but im kind of confused as to how the clips work. i have the metal clips that have kind of an /\_/\ shape with a hole in the center, but then i also have these black plastic pieces that are rectangle with a little piece out of the bottom that gives it an L shape. how do i use these clips and how do they fir on exactly? i dont want to half a$$ and have them fall off.

-thx.

Re: installing rear gm lip (new question, ive searched)
Tuesday, June 26, 2007 10:54 AM
i know the metal clips ur talking about and i just used those.. but ive never seen the black ones ur talking about... now i lost a couple of those metal clips and used some of these

and they worked great. plus u can get like 10-20 of em for less then 3 bucks..

The metal clips one u slide the tab through the bumper, you just take the metal clip and push it through the opening on the clip. so then it looks like / \_||_/ \
|| being the clip coming up through the bumper.

Tuesday, June 26, 2007 11:05 AM
well..................................

i installed my front lip without having to drill slots in to the front bumper... i just got my 2 piece rear lip today so imma attempt the same... if the rear goes up like the front, i'll post a write up...

Tuesday, June 26, 2007 7:24 PM
yeahhhh n/m that didnt happen... i had to drill slots in the rear... i have bolts running through em but that only holds it to the car... i used zip ties to hold the tabs up as high as possible so they arent seeable

Wednesday, June 27, 2007 3:24 PM
ill take pics of the clips im talking about, theyre weird and i dont see what they could be used for, but i got them in the bag of clips for the lips from the seller, so i dunno.
for the front im not using the clips, just the holes and bolts, but the rears it looks like i dont have a choice.

Wednesday, October 17, 2012 8:39 PM
Can someone put pics up of how they did there lips? My front is helium with zip ties, they are completely invisible, annoys really strong! But I only did that because all the tabs were broken in the front lip I got, but I have all the rear tabs so I'm going to still the slots but I wanna see how you guys did it!?
Thursday, October 18, 2012 12:23 PM
I used zip ties.

________________________________________.
Still not low enough for a signature.

Thursday, October 18, 2012 10:41 PM
Those clips sucked. I mean they did the job. But popped out to easily. If I ever went back to stock. I'd zip tie it on like mentioned above.

Friday, October 19, 2012 8:30 AM
For my rear lip I cut off the tabs and used 3m body molding/emblem tape to mount it. Worked great. Obviously still used a screw on the ends by the wheel wells too.

Wednesday, October 24, 2012 5:34 PM
Wednesday, October 24, 2012 6:03 PM

bad pic...tho pretty good for being cold and dark out but you can see it there kinda

Wednesday, October 24, 2012 6:32 PM
Ok well I orderd my clips from one of the gm parts sites can't remember which one. And someone said there was supposed to be 25 clips. So I orderd them and after shipping it was 12 dollars and they sent me one damn clip....
Thursday, October 25, 2012 6:15 AM
Ouch yea ..after seeing they wanted 160$ for 2 shock boots and bumpstops....they are the last resort for most things. But i dont see 25...11 on the rear ....if the front is same i cant see it using more but maybe...im very much wanting to find a front one still

Thursday, October 25, 2012 6:18 AM
Yeah I know it dosnt take that many. I figured it would just come in a Pack so I could have extras
Thursday, July 09, 2015 1:38 AM
Quick question, for anyone that used zip ties, how exactly do you use them? If you simply run the zip tie through the tab it will allow the lip to sag? Sorry if I'm overlooking something.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search