HELP - Toyota Cavalier Mirrors - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
HELP - Toyota Cavalier Mirrors
Friday, May 22, 2009 4:03 AM
Well, last night while I was at the movies, someone decided it would be fun to unfold one of my side mirrors and snap it off... You can imagine my suprise when I came out to see my mirror dangling by the wire against the door...

I called up my dealer, thinking it may be possible to get one through them, as I had ordered my Toyota Cavalier trunk lid carpeting there before. No such luck, there is no stock in Canada or the U.S. from what he could see in his system. So, I'm stuck with a broken mirror and slim hopes of finding a replacement...

Does ANYBODY know where I can find a driver side Toyota mirror for a sedan? I AM willing to buy the set/relay/module, not just the one mirror I need.

If you know of ANYONE of selling a set, please PM or e-mail; stephensmith@gov.nl.ca

Thanks!

Proud member of PreciZion

Re: HELP - Toyota Cavalier Mirrors
Friday, May 22, 2009 5:11 AM
Watch Ebay too, I've seen several sets on there recently.

Friday, May 22, 2009 8:42 AM
sucks to hear.....i hate people, but you can get them, did you try putting the part number in GMPARTSDIRECT?

on a side note, if you DO buy a whole kit, I am interested in the relay, as I just bought a (coupe) set with a switch, but no relay.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Friday, May 22, 2009 11:33 AM

Saturday, May 23, 2009 5:57 PM
Stephen (manta z) wrote:http://www.j-body.org/classifieds/exterior/53410/
http://www.j-body.org/classifieds/exterior/54352/

Ignore that second link. I just shipped them out. I traded them for a laptop.

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Tuesday, May 26, 2009 10:32 AM
Well first of all i dont think toyota made cavaliers. so its kind of pointless to try to buy chevy cavalier mirrors through a toyota dealership lol
Tuesday, May 26, 2009 11:17 AM
george bush wrote:Well first of all i dont think toyota made cavaliers. so its kind of pointless to try to buy chevy cavalier mirrors through a toyota dealership lol

yes..... they were sold over seas with Toyota badges (right hand drive among other interesting differences), and i am sure he was refering to the gm dealership....

Tuesday, May 26, 2009 11:28 AM
wow haha. someones behind the times. but yes. just try the gm dealership for a new TOYOTA CAVALIER mirror.

Tuesday, May 26, 2009 4:21 PM
george bush wrote:Well first of all i dont think toyota made cavaliers. so its kind of pointless to try to buy chevy cavalier mirrors through a toyota dealership lol

Thats your problem... you don't think... so lets get the dick out of your mouth and ass and lets learn up.

First of all you come here talking @!#$ because your @!#$ box died. Well as every model line by every manufacturer there are lemons. Let me guess, yours was a base model. Just because yours died, (and you probably abused it) doesn't mean the entire model line is garbage. Further, a REAL car enthusiast respects all aspects of car enthusiasm. You're just a hater.

Further, it be one thing if you knew what you were talking about. But you have no knowledge of the J-Platform, as evident in your postings here. So when you talk @!#$ it simply makes you look like a giant douche bag, as you cannot back up your posts with facts.

So cut and dry, you don't know about cars, you are a hater, out just to talk @!#$, you are a giant douche bag, you have no business here, and you should die in a fire.

Need more... Come find me in O/T ... or step your game up and go premium and i'll school you in the Anything Goes forum.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, May 26, 2009 4:23 PM

Tuesday, May 26, 2009 4:39 PM
ATTENTION ALL COMERS

ATTENTION ALL COMERS

We have a DOUCHEBAG among us! His screen name is george bush. Quite possibly because that is his role model... Either way, make sure to let him know how hated he is an what a failure he embodies.

THAT IS ALL

Oh, and to the OP, sorry for the threadjack.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, May 26, 2009 4:39 PM

==============================================================

Yes, noob, the search button is for you...

Tuesday, May 26, 2009 5:45 PM

Hey dumb cunt, if you're going to troll, at least know what the f*ck you're talking about. You can die now, loser.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, May 26, 2009 7:30 PM

Tuesday, May 26, 2009 6:50 PM
LoL @ the wannabe troll child

Tuesday, May 26, 2009 8:22 PM
The Best part:

should have been the stain left on his parents bed wrote:Birthday: January 6, 1991
Education: Post-Graduate
What's New: I bought a new dodge cuz my cavalier @!#$ the bed like most gm products do.

Your 18 and a "Post-Graduate"(doesn't mean high school). Also you are a "Professional Mechanic", which is . Anyone in the field uses the term "Automotive Technician" and anyone in the field knows how horrible Chrysler products are. So right there show us that you know absolutely NOTHING about the automotive trade.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, May 26, 2009 8:24 PM

Tinkles

2003 Cavalier 1SV
Bagged and Blown

Tuesday, May 26, 2009 8:27 PM
Tinkles wrote:The Best part:

should have been the stain left on his parents bed wrote:Birthday: January 6, 1991
Education: Post-Graduate
What's New: I bought a new dodge cuz my cavalier @!#$ the bed like most gm products do.

Your 18 and a "Post-Graduate"(doesn't mean high school). Also you are a "Professional Mechanic", which is . Anyone in the field uses the term "Automotive Technician" and anyone in the field knows how horrible Chrysler products are. So right there show us that you know absolutely NOTHING about the automotive trade.

Hey, don't knock ALL Chrysler products. I own a Jeep.

Actually... Carry on.

==============================================================

Yes, noob, the search button is for you...

Tuesday, May 26, 2009 9:54 PM
Ahhhh TROLLS!

FOR SALE
Wednesday, May 27, 2009 4:12 AM

Another dumb ass kid.

fggt.

Wednesday, May 27, 2009 3:29 PM
Try the below contact information. I emailed multiple parts yards in New Zealand when I was looking for Toyo Cav parts and she replied. She is great to work with and can usually track down ANY Toyo part you need.

The place is Toyo-Tas & Nissin @ Partsworld and my contact is Donna Lucas.

She can be reached at info@toyotas.net.nz

Good luck. Let me know how you fare!

Right place, wrong time, right person, wrong situation
Wednesday, May 27, 2009 7:14 PM
Shaun Vincenti wrote:Try the below contact information. I emailed multiple parts yards in New Zealand when I was looking for Toyo Cav parts and she replied. She is great to work with and can usually track down ANY Toyo part you need.

how bad was shipping? I'd love to get a JDM passenger side (driversside in our cars) interior door sail panel, but i have a feeling it just wouldn't be worth it getting shipped over here.

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Thursday, May 28, 2009 1:48 PM
When I ordered my Toyo Coupe Mirrors I forgot to ask about the inner sail so she sent one for free! It was cheaper for her to send it then sell it to me and deal with the international fees with credit cards and whatnot.

Otherwise, to give you an idea, I got both passenger and driver side COUPE mirrors, the relay, the switch and the ENTIRE wire harness for $198.00 SHIPPED from New Zealand.

Hit her up and she what she can do. It took her awhile to track down the inner sail (about 3 weeks) but she got it done.

Thursday, May 28, 2009 5:07 PM
[quote=BoltZ DesignZ™]
Shaun Vincenti wrote:Try the below contact information. I emailed multiple parts yards in New Zealand when I was looking for Toyo Cav parts and she replied. She is great to work with and can usually track down ANY Toyo part you need.

how bad was shipping? I'd love to get a JDM passenger side (driversside in our cars) interior door sail panel, but i have a feeling it just wouldn't be worth it getting shipped over here.

If you get in touch with her, I would be willing to go in with you on shipping for a relay and harness....maybe even a steering wheel...no airbag needed.

If we can combine shipping, it shouldnt be to bad. pm me if youre interested.

Thursday, May 28, 2009 5:31 PM
If / when you get in touch with her make sure you ask if the quote she gives you is in NZ dollars or US dollars.

The initial cost of the Toyo mirrors I got with shipping was $425 but was in NZ dollars not US (which is substantially less after exchange rate).

Just a heads up so you dont blow a spark plug when you gives you the initial quote.

Good luck.

Thursday, May 28, 2009 5:41 PM
hey john. i can still order steering wheels at employee discount =P

Sunday, May 31, 2009 7:19 PM
I will have to check, but I'm pretty sure I have a set of Yotta Sedan mirrors collecting dust in the garage. Probably let them go decently cheap.

pm me.

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Friday, December 11, 2015 5:04 AM
Tracked down the mirrors and tail lights.

$ 140 shipped for the tail lights. Awaiting pricing on the mirrors. Apparently, there are two types of power folding mirrors - 3 wires and 7 wires. Anyone know which one I need?

"FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS DRIVE STOCK"

Friday, December 11, 2015 6:08 AM
I didn't know they did that. I'm not sure but it seems to me they made either ones that's power fold but don't adjust by power. Or that adjust the glass by power but manually fold?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search