tail light swap??? - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
tail light swap???
Friday, February 11, 2011 7:31 PM
i have a 96 cavalier i have searched cant seem to find anything on this subject so here goes..... not really liking the 96 tails just a bit plain would it be possible to say swap 2003 tails onto my car im sure i could swap the trunk with the center section my question is will the outer tails bolt right up to my car it looks like they would but before i spend anything just wanna know for sure. thanks for the help

Re: tail light swap???
Friday, February 11, 2011 7:45 PM
yes. and if you searched and couldn't find anything it's cuz you didn't look hard enough.

except your'e doing it backwards, lol, most people swap the newer style tails for the older tails.

Friday, February 11, 2011 8:10 PM
blucavvy wrote:except your'e doing it backwards, lol, most people swap the newer style tails for the older tails.

Or you could put on Toyota tails which look the best hands down

Buddy Club Ecotec Cavalier
* More to come *
Friday, February 11, 2011 8:19 PM
lol yea i like bein diff although the toyota tails are a GREAT idea i agree probably just wasnt looking hard enough, still figuring out which route to go with my j but got a somewhat good idea on which way i wanna go i like the 2002 or 2001? lss front bumper and headlights and lovin the idea of the toyota tails anyone know where to get the toyota tails???
Friday, February 11, 2011 8:27 PM
I just found a set on eBay for $225 shipped to the states
but normally you can find sets on here for $150 ish plus shipping
Check the classifieds

* More to come *
Saturday, February 12, 2011 6:29 AM
Jay Corkit wrote:
blucavvy wrote:except your'e doing it backwards, lol, most people swap the newer style tails for the older tails.

Or you could put on Toyota tails which look the best hands down

sure, if you like your car having the exact same taillights as every other modified cavalier.

Saturday, February 12, 2011 9:20 AM
Not every other
Mine are tinted 95-99

* More to come *
Saturday, February 12, 2011 10:51 AM
I like mine, All red 95-99's.Wired like toyo's with the turn signal in the reverse lens. Original plan was for a sunfire sedan rear bumper with reverse lights, But I find not having them doesn't bother me. Still have the tails on, this pic was taken a while ago. That lid has already been painted and replaced again haha. I have a Z24 rear on it now too. Much has changed.

Saturday, February 12, 2011 2:50 PM
want my '03 lights?????????...LOL

2003 Cavalier
Stock 2.2 Liter, 5 speed
" Leave the rice to Uncle Ben's and the wings to KFC..
Go clean or go home. "

Saturday, February 12, 2011 6:20 PM
lol how much for the 03 lights just curious? just thiunkin about options
Saturday, February 12, 2011 6:27 PM
need a trade on mine...trying to find an older trunk lid because i'm too lazy to take mine off and shave it in one day.....

2003 Cavalier
Stock 2.2 Liter, 5 speed
" Leave the rice to Uncle Ben's and the wings to KFC..
Go clean or go home. "

Monday, May 19, 2014 5:33 PM
If your reverse lights were/are orange, did you wire these up to be blinkers? I like the look of the orange reverse lights for blinkers, kind of like a poor mans toyo tails. this with a sunfire rear bumper for reverse lights would be perfect. I was thinking in addition to, or in replacement of, leds for the lights. but not your usual drop in led replacements. get a bunch of 5mm leds and drill holes in the backside of the housing to stick them through. held in place with silicone they would be good. the best part of keeping the old bulb too is you don't have to worry about the fast flash or anything.

My sig- "Doing what needs to be done, although satisfactory, is a far cry from what can be done."
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search