Vent the stock hood $3 - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Vent the stock hood $3
Tuesday, January 03, 2012 7:37 PM
how to vent your hood and lower engine bay temps

Re: Vent the stock hood $3
Wednesday, January 04, 2012 3:48 PM
Good mod, People around here have been doing it for years i have noticed.

Wednesday, January 04, 2012 4:12 PM
I absolutely cannot stand it when people do this type of crap.
Some ricer kids I knew when I was real young starting out building cars did this crap. For the time and piece of crap look it gives, totally not worth a few degrees.

Wednesday, January 04, 2012 4:48 PM
SLOCAV wrote:I absolutely cannot stand it when people do this type of crap.
Some ricer kids I knew when I was real young starting out building cars did this crap. For the time and piece of crap look it gives, totally not worth a few degrees.

Thursday, January 05, 2012 1:24 PM
yeah some kid on here had a nice car except he did that to it and it looked absolutely terrible, ruined the car, as well as his attitude.

Thursday, January 05, 2012 2:17 PM
I really like to see proof that this actually lowers temps. I know for a fact most engines run hotter with the hood off. Mainly because the engineers that design cars design the cooling system to work with the hood completely closed. Thats the purpose of the factory air ducting. Just because it sounds like it would work doesnt mean that it does.

Thursday, January 05, 2012 3:01 PM
I agree, I don't like the look at all, I make fun of my friends by asking them, "Since when was it cool to have your body panels misaligned?"

- Your not-so-local, untrained, uncertified, backyard mechanic. But my @!#$ runs
Thursday, January 05, 2012 4:14 PM
I don't see the point?
I mean. It's not worth the look for just a few degrees.
It completely ruins the look of the car for me. Haha
Thursday, January 05, 2012 9:11 PM
Oedwards wrote:I agree, I don't like the look at all, I make fun of my friends by asking them, "Since when was it cool to have your body panels misaligned?"

All of my Cavaliers came with poorly aligned panels...

Friday, January 06, 2012 2:36 PM
Looks really sketchy to me, I read vent the stock hood and honestly expected to see some type of "ricer" mod. There is no way I would ever go the cheap way on a mod, do it the right way or not at all.

Friday, January 06, 2012 3:44 PM
I like how it says it should work "theoretically", when theoretically it shouldn't work.

Friday, January 06, 2012 4:31 PM
Nate wrote:Looks really sketchy to me, I read vent the stock hood and honestly expected to see some type of "ricer" mod. There is no way I would ever go the cheap way on a mod, do it the right way or not at all.

how is this not a ricer mod?

Friday, January 06, 2012 5:01 PM
LMAO i recently saw this mod done to EVERY civic that showed up to our local track for the last day.

Saturday, January 07, 2012 1:09 AM
@!#$tiest looking "mod" ive seen in a while..

Guy should save his $3 to go buy a clue..

Saturday, January 07, 2012 4:58 AM
lafonjef wrote:
Nate wrote:Looks really sketchy to me, I read vent the stock hood and honestly expected to see some type of "ricer" mod. There is no way I would ever go the cheap way on a mod, do it the right way or not at all.

how is this not a ricer mod?

I guess it would be a ricer mod...vented hood made me think they were going to cut a hole in the hood itself.

Saturday, January 07, 2012 2:13 PM
yea the mod itself is a dumb idea imo, but looking at that engine, theres some other stuff done thats not bull@!#$, maybe someone else did that work lol.
Saturday, January 07, 2012 2:35 PM
twizt3d wrote:yea the mod itself is a dumb idea imo, but looking at that engine, theres some other stuff done thats not bull@!#$, maybe someone else did that work lol.

Money can buy fast cars, but it can't buy intelligence

Saturday, January 07, 2012 8:49 PM
Seriously, do you really want all the stuff (oil vapour, fuel vapour, possibly exhaust) blowing right into your fresh air intake at the base of the windshield? If you want to cool it off, vent it out thru the fenders like the Trans-am Pontiacs. Not cheap but lots more functional and safer.

Quarter Million Club
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search