truck bed coating - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
truck bed coating
Sunday, May 27, 2012 7:00 PM
has anyone ever used truck bed coating to paint their entire J's exterior?

Re: truck bed coating
Sunday, May 27, 2012 8:37 PM
well not a jbody,But I seen a full size dodge 2500 sprayed in box coating....Worked good on a 4x4.
Sunday, May 27, 2012 9:09 PM
We do that to a lot of our off-road trucks.

________________________________________.
Still not low enough for a signature.

Sunday, June 03, 2012 12:59 PM
yea paul tjepkes did most of his interior with it.... turned out ok i guess.

Come join us over on the Olds Quad 4 and Twin Cam Facebook group!
Monday, June 04, 2012 12:31 PM
The brother did his entire interior with it on his dune buggy. Turned out ok"ish"

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Thursday, June 07, 2012 7:15 AM
It looks horrid on a J.....and most other on road vehicles really. Don't do it.

M62, 42's, ZZP 3", ZZP S3 H/E
214whp 190wtq
Monday, June 11, 2012 10:24 PM
well my delema is that i own a 03 Cavy with a fiberglass body kit and fender and i live in Central MS which means gravel and flying rock chips so i need something that will protect and look good doing it so i was thinking of the high gloss non textured truck bed coating on the bottom of the car.
also its easier for me to paint the car with truck bed coating then it is for me to get actual auto paint and go thru the processes of having to paint it the right way, as of right now it is rattle can primered and in need of a rear bumper for now
Monday, June 11, 2012 11:22 PM
Justin Mozingo wrote:well my delema is that i own a 03 Cavy with a fiberglass body kit and fender and i live in Central MS which means gravel and flying rock chips so i need something that will protect and look good doing it so i was thinking of the high gloss non textured truck bed coating on the bottom of the car.
also its easier for me to paint the car with truck bed coating then it is for me to get actual auto paint and go thru the processes of having to paint it the right way, as of right now it is rattle can primered and in need of a rear bumper for now

Easy now = Impossible later...

They make a chip gard spray on base that goes under the basecoat and hides alot of sin that you could use if your worried about rock chips... You should not have put a body kit on if your that concerned about it...

Doing the whole car, would look ugly and probably not last very long anyway, plus as I said, nearly impossible to make paint look good if you ever actually paint it... I see lots of sanding in your future if you do this...

Why on god's earth do people think ideas like this will help them out? Please take my advice from someone who has painted a car or two... This is not what you want to do...

Buildin' n' Boostin for 08' - Alex Richards
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search