2000 chevy cavalier headlight problems? - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2000 chevy cavalier headlight problems?
Thursday, May 17, 2012 8:47 PM
well i only have one headlight, the passenger side headlight is the only one that lights up, it works perfect high & low beams, but the left side wont do anything it also blows the fuse when i turn them on, i replaced both the headlight and dash harness and it don't solve the problem, im not sure what else it could be, i don't have the diagrams for the 2000, i just have the 1998 service manuals, i dont know when this started, it wasn't working on the car i got these parts off of, so could it be in the engine harness or what, im stumped.

Re: 2000 chevy cavalier headlight problems?
Friday, June 15, 2012 10:17 PM
broken wire splice from factory in the harness under hood for the front lights,

either in the blue wires or in the pink wires

a factory splice has corroded and broken

this is what i found, in the 96 cav recently

a blue wires splice had gone bad

on pass side under hood near rad support near air filter box area

had to cut open and unwrap all the HL harness

wasnt that bad

-96 cavalier 2.2 auto 143k miles
Saturday, June 16, 2012 4:33 AM
So I'm confused on which harness your referring too, are you saying it was the headlight harness, the dash harness or the engine harness? I have replaced both the dash and headlight harness and it still did not fix the problem..
Saturday, June 16, 2012 4:37 AM
jacob mahon wrote:So I'm confused on which harness your referring too, are you saying it was the headlight harness, the dash harness or the engine harness? I have replaced both the dash and headlight harness and it still did not fix the problem..

Sorry I read it again and I understand now but like I said iv changed both the headlight and dash harness and still nothing..
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search