Trying to find this front lip at any cost... - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Trying to find this front lip at any cost...
Friday, June 15, 2012 2:48 PM

I realize that there were only like two originals and a thieving asshole made copies of it. I'm looking to track down one of these copies and my question is... does anyone know the whereabouts of one of these things? Whether someone has one and would be willing to sell it or whatever....

Re: Trying to find this front lip at any cost...
Friday, June 15, 2012 3:42 PM
oh please dont say your swapping the fire front end on your cavy

Saturday, June 16, 2012 5:19 AM
Well im considering it. Over the past five years of owning that bumper its been damaged six times, and most recently last weekend a stupid hummer backed into it. First it was bad roads and a ditch, then it was a deer, then of all things a god damn rabbit, then more bad roads and a fence, then an even bigger deer, now a damn hummer.

I have a feeling its cursed and im sick of all the reglassing and fixing and painting it. So as of late Ive been trying to find a somewhat stock cavalier front end I like.

Saturday, June 16, 2012 6:04 AM
Technic Cavalier lip BTW

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Saturday, June 16, 2012 6:27 AM
The one in the pic is one of the copied versions. Brad or zyaaaa has the only known to exist gm lip, although speculations are that there is one more floating around, but there is no proof. At best brad might let it be copied by a reputable shop.

Saturday, June 16, 2012 1:42 PM
See if Darren will let you copy it...

Saturday, June 16, 2012 5:42 PM
Zs Z wrote:The one in the pic is one of the copied versions. Brad or zyaaaa has the only known to exist gm lip, although speculations are that there is one more floating around, but there is no proof. At best brad might let it be copied by a reputable shop.

I'm pretty sure he was open to having it copied but no one came up with the money needed. Paul Tpjeske (not sure how you spell his last name) had made one from scratch that was closer to the original then White Boys knockoff. Last I heard of it, it was sitting collecting dust, needing to be finished. He quit working on it once Brad got the original and started making a copy off that.

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Saturday, June 16, 2012 6:18 PM
what about a modified lowered portion of the Import fighter bumper? has almost the same basic design.

Sunday, June 24, 2012 5:10 PM

its in pieces now though due to a raccoon.... damn animals

simple minds talk about other people.
average minds talk about events.
great minds discuss ideas
Sunday, June 24, 2012 5:34 PM
I would kill to have that front.. lol
Sunday, June 24, 2012 8:07 PM
mark at OEM offered to make a mold of mine, the original. deal is you pay shipping to and from, $1000 in insurance as well as the mold to be made, as well as a carbon fiber copy for myself.

"at any cost"??? roughly a G id say.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Sunday, June 24, 2012 8:08 PM

I choose the technology built for land speed records... not the technology built to save on emissions and gas mileage.

Sunday, June 24, 2012 8:43 PM
-Z Yaaaa- wrote:mark at OEM offered to make a mold of mine, the original. deal is you pay shipping to and from, $1000 in insurance as well as the mold to be made, as well as a carbon fiber copy for myself.

"at any cost"??? roughly a G id say.

Should we start a donation fund for this? lol

I have always loved that lip.

Hey Brad, do ya have any pictures of the original that you can post? Just wondering...

Sunday, June 24, 2012 9:46 PM

I choose the technology built for land speed records... not the technology built to save on emissions and gas mileage.
Sunday, June 24, 2012 9:51 PM
Brad looks like crap! look so much like garbage it makes me want another J hahaha

Monday, June 25, 2012 5:02 AM
So how much would copies in Carbon be after the first investment?

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Monday, June 25, 2012 12:27 PM
if you cant find the right bumper and are worried about ruining it, id recommend having someone make one of these for you...though you may have to reinforce the bumper support...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Monday, June 25, 2012 12:28 PM

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Tuesday, June 26, 2012 4:59 PM
I WANT A TECHNIC LIP. ive been looking for one of the @!#$ty knockoffs for a while now. i love the 95-99 Z bumper and this just sets it off that much more. if someone made a copy i'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Tuesday, June 26, 2012 6:08 PM
If copies are reasonable im in
Tuesday, June 26, 2012 7:44 PM
Everyone is in until money has to be separated from the bank accounts. Maybe "at all costs" was used loosely. I know there are plenty of parts I want but tossing out $1k for them is hard to do, even when I'd have the funds available.

Wednesday, June 27, 2012 1:27 PM
yeah 1k is rough, but then again when you show interest it sparks others and where 1k is rough 100 for ten peeps is more managable.Plus it would be nice to put this lip back into production so people running z bumpers could have more choices.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search