Front License Plate on an 03 Sunfire? - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Front License Plate on an 03 Sunfire?
Monday, August 20, 2012 1:20 PM
What do I do? There's no holes drilled, and no clear place to even mount the plate. I need a front plate per the state laws. I googled around and couldn't find much, but I know someone else has had this issue before.

Re: Front License Plate on an 03 Sunfire?
Monday, August 20, 2012 1:50 PM
You can get the OEM plate mount from GMPartsDirect for under $25, plus shipping.
Or head to a junkyard and look around.

Monday, August 20, 2012 8:54 PM
Thanks, binzer. I actually found these little notches that are meant to be drilled out so you can mount a plate. They're small, but with good lighting you can see them just fine. I'll leave this thread up so that other people who are looking can find it.
Saturday, August 25, 2012 8:41 PM
Personally, I would wait and see if I even got pulled over for not having a front license plate before I drilled holes in a perfectly good bumper cover. The chances are pretty high that if you did get pulled over, they would simply give you a fix it ticket (assuming you weren't pulled over for any other reason) and you could simply drill the holes and be done with it, but why drill holes and all if it's not really necessary? Just my $0.02.

Front license plates are required here in Illinois. I have not had one on my Vibe for over 2 years now and cops don't even look twice at me.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search