2003 Cavalier - DRL Wiring.... - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2003 Cavalier - DRL Wiring....
Monday, August 27, 2012 3:13 PM
Here is the deal.... I put HIDs in my car awhile back, only for the low beams.. The kit is the one that has the little peanut bulb on the side of the HID's for the DRL/HighBeam I guess, well I never hooked that up because I can't figure out how to do it.. The guy told me something like wiring it to the high-beam wires on the car.. I don't even know which wire to go to... Anyhow so I don't have DRL on my car, so every-time I go into R or D the lights flicker like crazy causing the service light to come on.. I know this is because the DRL are not hooked up.. So that is what is happening to my car ...

Now my question is this... How do I hook this up properly so I do have DRL's come on... I was thinking of getting some of those LED strip lights that flex and installing them on top of the headlight housing between the housing and the hood.. Then I would hook the LED's up to the DRL wires so they are like the new cars with the LED strips for DRL.... Can I wire these in at the headlights to make then function for DRL's or do I need to tap the wire else where...?? It's really annoying to have them flicker like crazy and not to mention probably not good for the lights or the ballast..... Can anyone help me??

It's a 2003 Cavalier from Canada.... So DRL's are essential...

Re: 2003 Cavalier - DRL Wiring....
Monday, August 27, 2012 6:08 PM
Only essential if you have to pass some sort of inspection.

Disable the DRL's and the service light will go away. Then rig up whatever crappy LED strips (they look like crap, sorry just my opinion) you want, but wire them to something that's on with the car. Like the fuel pump.
Monday, August 27, 2012 8:35 PM
Hey everyone is entitled to there opinion but I like them... If they look crappy then I will just take them off....

Anyhow how do I disable them and also if I disable them would this stop my lights from flashing on-off like 5 times when I go to put the car in gear, cause ultimately this is what I want to prevent is the lights flickering like crazy when I go to put my car in natural.. What I mean is if the lights are turned off and I go into gear they flash rapidly 5 times and then service light comes on... If the headlights or running lights are turned on this problem doesn't occur...
Thursday, August 30, 2012 10:00 AM
They're is a post at the top of this category that tells you how. And yes it will stop the flashing. I am working on a way to hook the drl to a relay to trigger some led lights do when I get it keep an eye out for the how to post.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search