replacing brakes and drums - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
replacing brakes and drums
Sunday, August 26, 2012 6:39 PM
This may sound like a simple question but how do I know when it is time to replace my breaks and drums? Can i go with rotors and not buy a drum?

Re: replacing brakes and drums
Monday, August 27, 2012 12:35 PM
Not to be mean but if you don't know this then you should probably take it to a shop.

Monday, August 27, 2012 12:54 PM
and go back to drivers ed.

________________________________________.
Still not low enough for a signature.

Monday, August 27, 2012 1:07 PM
what does drivers ed have to do with replacing brakes and the drum?
Monday, August 27, 2012 5:41 PM
Adam wrote:This may sound like a simple question but how do I know when it is time to replace my breaks and drums? Can i go with rotors and not buy a drum?

If you drive any kind of automobile, this should be known.

Monday, August 27, 2012 6:02 PM
The brake pads and shoes have a piece of metal that scrapes against the disc/drum as they wear. You will notice a high pitch screeching sound when you brake. A visual inspection should be done every now and then
Tuesday, August 28, 2012 12:05 AM
There alot of people that drive and dont even know how to drive does that mean they should go back to drivers ed too?

When i was driving and stepped on the brakes to stop at a stop sign my car kept going and i had my foot on my petal and heard a noise i thought my brakes were going out but turned out they were wet. I should get them switched out just to be on the safe side. Can I just go with a rotor and not have to buy a brake drum?
Tuesday, August 28, 2012 12:14 AM
NO !!! you cannot just go from a drum to a rotor! with out a full conversion you CANNOT!

and yes people who don't know how to drive SHOULD go back to drivers ED!

Tuesday, August 28, 2012 9:51 AM
i know nothing about cars.
Tuesday, August 28, 2012 4:55 PM
Research, seriously. That's what I do with most of my free time. You'll be surprised with how much you actually learn.

The hard part, for me at least, is applying what I've read into what I actually have to do to the car. I'm more of a "hands on" learner.

You'll get it.

Tuesday, August 28, 2012 5:04 PM
I am that way too i learn i will learn how to do it next time kind of like a sponge. I want to learn everything and anything about how to fix my car.

Tuesday, August 28, 2012 8:22 PM
You really need to work on your grammar/ English. Please proof read next time when you post something. We don't mind helping newbies at all, but majority of your post are..... well confusing and doesn't really make sense.

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 1:41 AM
Thats great would love the help. Thanks for understanding
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search