Headlight Restoration W/ some pics - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Headlight Restoration W/ some pics
Monday, December 17, 2012 6:44 PM
So i like to do car detailing and one of the best things of a good looking car is well headlights. I'm not trying to shove brands in your face this is just what ive had the best luck with and i havent seen much with side by side pictures. So first come the things i use. The turtle way resto kit and some Meguiars wax. it doesn't haft to be cleaner wax.

After following the directions on the box, (rub the lenses with the compound and but, use sand pads 1-2-3-4 then polish again.) this is what i got.

Then come waking, this acts as a seal and keeps it nice looking. (if its still a little yellow hit it withe the compound again and spend some time on it. after waxing you cant see much diffrence with a picture taken by a potatoe but it dose make it look more clear.

To buff i used a little petastool buffer and ran it side to side following the shape.

Re: Headlight Restoration W/ some pics
Monday, December 17, 2012 7:00 PM
I can attest that my headlights do look better because of this fellow's methods.
Monday, December 17, 2012 10:18 PM
may do that to the wife's headlights....

http://www.autotalk.com/pictures/data/1536/medium/2005_Chevrolet_Cavalier_Xtreme_002_autotalk_com_.jpg
Wednesday, December 19, 2012 8:08 AM
You need to hit them with a form of UV clear. Just waxing them wont do it. the UV light will still yellow them.

Wednesday, December 19, 2012 2:23 PM
i did mine when i got my car about 8 months and they still look like i just did them

Saturday, December 22, 2012 11:28 AM
I use the 3M polishing kit, they actually look brand new when done properly. And alex is right, you must clear coat them for UV protection, unless your going to hit them with Meguires PlastX every couple weeks.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search