convertible windows - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
convertible windows
Tuesday, March 12, 2013 2:34 PM
alright im not sure if this was answered anywhere, but i got the after market seals put them on, all fine and dandy, nope my car is still leaking and pretty bad. I can move my passenger side window like 2 inches if i grab it. Also the back window doesn't go up as far as it should. ANy ideas on what I should do? or how to do it?

Re: convertible windows
Tuesday, March 12, 2013 2:40 PM
I believe the rear windows are adjustable. Is the top closing all the way?

- Your not-so-local, untrained, uncertified, backyard mechanic. But my @!#$ runs
Re: convertible windows
Tuesday, March 12, 2013 3:53 PM
You have to take the interior quarter panels off. You either need to unbolt the seat belt or cut the panel so the seat belt will slide through the hole. After that, take the plastic and sound deadening covers off to reveal the metal frame. Then there are three black nuts with large washers, these adjust the angle and position of the rear quarter windows, then there is also a bar connecting each side convertible top motor to the window mechanism. There are two nuts on these, you can adjust them to get your window to go up all the way. IIRC they all use 13 mm nuts and the seat belt bolt needs a large torx bit, around 10 or 13 mm.

Go to these threads and download both manuals, they will tell you exactly how to fix your problems and any other info you want to know about our verts

95+ Cavalier and Sunfire Convertible Service Manual
Convertible Top Water Leak Repair

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search