Buying aftermarket fenders - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Buying aftermarket fenders
Tuesday, April 02, 2013 11:54 AM
Ok so I need to replace my two front fenders on my 2000 sunfire and seen them online for about 40-50$ (Andy's autosport and eBay)
I was wondering if anyone has bought these before? I called a few wreckers and they want 50$ for a used fender aha
Can anyone tell me what the quality is like compared to the OEM fenders that came on the car? How's it fit and line up? Is the metal guage thinner? I'm just looking for a steel replacement no fender inserts or anything. Input is appreciated!

Re: Buying aftermarket fenders
Friday, April 12, 2013 5:52 AM
Id rather get a used one that you know is OEM quality....but that's just me. I've heard of some fenders being thinner gauge and bolt holes not lining up and such.

"You can only feed them semen for so long before their legs fall off."

Friday, April 12, 2013 7:22 PM
I ordered a set off of eBay. They where fiber glass. They had a huge gap between the fender and hood on each side(it was a cavalier). I also got a set from a member here a few years ago for a sunfire and they fit great. So I guess it is hit or miss.

Friday, April 12, 2013 7:32 PM
Get one from a wrecker. They may cost a bit more but they will fit. Aftermarket parts just dont fit right. Maybe some higher end stuff but ive never had anything aftermarket fit right on these cars.
Sunday, April 14, 2013 12:42 AM
I currently have a set of aftermarket fiberglass ones on my 99 cav and I love them took a lil bit of tug and pull to get them to fit right but they look good
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search