00 Z24 spoiler on 97 RS - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
00 Z24 spoiler on 97 RS
Monday, May 20, 2013 12:11 AM
Yes i searched. Saw a lot of info on celica and sunfire spoilers. Nothing on Z to RS swaps.

Long story short mine got busted up. As well as a crease in the left lower fender just behind the tire.
Not my fault and was given cash for repairs.
All I can find at the local salvage yards that I know should have a spoiler is a 00 Z.
Looking for an easy bolt on replacement at a good price so the bulk of the cash can go to get the fender fixed.

Anyone know if it`s a one for one swap? Other models that will bolt direct?

Re: 00 Z24 spoiler on 97 RS
Monday, May 20, 2013 12:20 AM
Never mind. Think I found the answer with a little more searching.

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=7&i=315414&t=315198#315414
Re: 00 Z24 spoiler on 97 RS
Monday, May 20, 2013 11:51 AM
Easiest and fastest trip I ever made to a junk yard. Ratchet, 2 sockets, an extension and about 10 minutes. Not counting the walk around to find it, the walk out, and time in between looking at bucket seats.

Spoiler is cherry and came with the light. $35
It`s been prepped, sanded, and painted. Going to let it dry overnight and mount it back up. Went "trim black" to match the OEM black trim already on the car instead of trying to match the factory green.

Saw a few sets of Pontiac buckets in really nice shape too,. All buckets there are $35 apiece.
Girlfriend hates the OEM buckets and wishes I had gone ahead and gotten a set.
I did not have the right tools and was not in the mood to make several trips back and forth to haul them and the spoiler out.
I will be heading back with tools and a couple friends soon.

If you guys have a Cherry Pick Salvage yard in your area, well worth checking out. Costs a buck to get in. They DO NOT loan tools!
But worth checking it out next time you need a part.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search