Body Kit Mesh... - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Body Kit Mesh...
Monday, February 01, 2010 4:29 PM
I was getting ready to put my body kit on, and was going to mesh it and realized....I have no idea how im going to hold it on....what are you guys doing to hold the mesh on?? Only thing I thought of was maybe fiberglass?? Anyway, any help will be appreciated. Thanks!

"Hondas are like tampons, every pussy has one!!!"

Re: Body Kit Mesh...
Monday, February 01, 2010 4:31 PM
Yep, fiberglass holds it just fine

Monday, February 01, 2010 6:01 PM
Small strategically placed zip-ties.

Monday, February 01, 2010 7:05 PM
Personally have seen flexible metal fiberglass'd in on the other side of openings, that way it's removeable at will, yet hold.

Hell pieces of metal coat hanger, paper clips (wouldn't hold the best LOL), etc. but you get the picture.

Monday, February 01, 2010 7:53 PM
I had seen a episode of Tricked Out, they used high quality silicone.
They bent the mesh about a extra 1 1/2 inches aroun the openings and pumped some all around it and held on good.

http//www.umods.org/drift.html
umods@live.com/ddiaz@umods.org

Tuesday, February 02, 2010 4:21 PM
i like joe's idea, i'm about to install mesh on my front bumper and i think i'll end up fiberglassing something like a paperclip every so many inches around the openings on the back side. that way if i hit a bird or whatever on the road, i can replace the mesh easily.

Tuesday, February 02, 2010 5:48 PM
I glassed pieces of wire into my kit when I put mesh in, it works great. Just make sure to bend a right angle into the part of the wire you glass in to make sure it stays in place. If you just glass it straight, it might work it's way out.

Sunday, February 14, 2010 11:25 PM
On my 98 Z24:

I glued "L" brackets with holes drilled in the ends of them around the openenings, then used zip ties to hold everything

in place. Works great when you want to swap out that old mesh, just snip the zip ties & it's out!

I can Repaint or replace it quickly!!!!!

Supercharged 2002 Cavalier Z24
J-Body Bash Veteran
Monday, February 15, 2010 12:17 AM
mine is screwed on!

WiGM-Tuners member.
Saturday, June 01, 2013 8:41 PM
If your kit doesn`t have the small metal tabs to attach your mesh ( which it should ) then a few daps of urethane or silicone should hold it in place !

BLACKMANTIS
Friday, June 07, 2013 10:16 PM
BACK FROM THE DEAD!

Supercharged 2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24

Saturday, June 08, 2013 12:39 AM
Kevin Richter wrote:BACK FROM THE DEAD!

you needing to do this? I used the silicone method as well and its holding strong still. Bent it longer and wrapped around the gap, caulked the crap out of it.

Tuesday, June 11, 2013 9:41 AM
I used UV activated fiberglass bondo on my streetfighter bumper. (Fiberglass strands in the bondo that only dries when out in full sunlight.)

Simply formed the mesh to shape with 2" or so inside the bumper, used a flat plastic trowel to apply it to the mesh/bumper and let it dry in the sun all day.

Hasn't moved in 10 years.

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Tuesday, June 11, 2013 7:56 PM
i used this stuff called goop and i also used it for my ww lip kit works wonders
Monday, August 04, 2014 8:31 PM
ZIP TIES AND /OR A DAP OR TWO OF URETHANE SHOULD TAKE CARE OF THAT.

BLACKMANTIS
Thursday, August 07, 2014 8:09 AM
Dude, stop with the caps lock. Seriously.

Second, why did you bump this thread just to comment on it? LOL
I was expecting a new question.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search