random qestion - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
random qestion
Thursday, June 13, 2013 7:48 PM
i bought my 02 coupe and my reverse lights are not reverse lights...they blink with my turn signals. im horrible with wiring so i have no idea where to start

Re: random qestion
Friday, June 14, 2013 4:53 PM
What happens if you put it in reverse? What lights up?
Friday, June 14, 2013 6:49 PM
nothing at all
Friday, June 14, 2013 7:30 PM
Did someone instal toyo tails at one point? Check for an extra bulb..

On the inside my car looks like a fighter jet.
Saturday, June 15, 2013 1:15 PM
no no extra bulb, but there is this little switch under the dash on the drivers side with three wires running all the way back to the truck but it does nother whether its on or off
Saturday, June 15, 2013 5:31 PM
Best thing to do is to return the wiring back to stock when you get a new car (when someone has been playing with it)

Disconnect all the wiring that isnt stock as it should be pretty easy to notice what is stock and what isnt.
Sunday, June 16, 2013 12:00 AM
so just cut the random switch and any other splices out ?
Sunday, June 16, 2013 2:20 AM
I wouldn't just cut it all out at once. Make sure you know where it goes then do one wire at a time so you don't miss any or mess up. They reverse switch might be bad on the tranny and that is why they added the switch. A lot of people do that when the switch is $10-$20 for the 5 speed and takes about 5 mins to replace.

On the inside my car looks like a fighter jet.
Sunday, June 16, 2013 5:34 AM
Best way to test the reverse switch is to unplug the connector and take a wire and make a jumper. If the reverse lights work then just replace the switch.

But first get rid of the random added switch.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search