HELPP!! - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
HELPP!!
Sunday, August 11, 2013 12:33 AM
can i put a 2000 and up Ls sport front bumper on a 1999 RS COUPE?

Re: HELPP!!
Sunday, August 11, 2013 1:51 AM
http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=7&i=315239&t=315239

Holy @!#$, that thread was at the top of this very forum and it magically holds the answers you seek. Who would have thought that there would have already been a topic on it? It's F'n amazing.

Monday, August 12, 2013 8:10 PM
Tinkles(KGM) wrote:http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=7&i=315239&t=315239

Holy @!#$, that thread was at the top of this very forum and it magically holds the answers you seek. Who would have thought that there would have already been a topic on it? It's F'n amazing.

Greatest thing since sliced bread.

________________________________________.
Still not low enough for a signature.

Tuesday, August 13, 2013 9:51 AM
Yes, you can, but you have to change some parts. It is worth it, in my opinion - it'll definitely change your car. Check out the link provided by BallsTickler(KGM), it has all the info you need to know to decide if you want to do a front end swap. If you have a junkyard near you, you can do the swap with $100-$200.

Tinkles(KGM) wrote:http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=7&i=315239&t=315239

Give politeness a try.
Tuesday, August 13, 2013 9:23 PM
BallsTickler. That is a new one, your boyfriend must be proud of you. There is no excuse not to search before you ask a question.

Wednesday, August 14, 2013 10:45 AM
Like I said, give politeness a try. Is not what you said, it is how you said it - well, wrote it, in this case.
Wednesday, August 14, 2013 12:27 PM
Cavalier 27 wrote:Like I said, give politeness a try. Is not what you said, it is how you said it - well, wrote it, in this case.

You've been around here for less than two months - perhaps you should give respect a try. Many of us have been around here 8-10 years and don't mind helping... but it's aggravating to see a question posted while the answer lies 3 lines up in the exact forum the question was posed in.

Look around a little before you start giving long-standing members advice about how to conduct themselves on this forum. Name calling isn't accepted here by the way so if you feel the need to step out of line again a mod will be notified.

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Wednesday, August 14, 2013 3:22 PM
Alright kids lets calm down a little bit. Yes it's aggravating that the same questions get asked a million times a year it's the nature of the beast though with forums don't know why it's hard to use search but guess it is somehow.
Guess we just need to make it take up half the front page with lights and arrows flashing around it only then will it get used by new people.
Wednesday, August 14, 2013 8:01 PM
I do not care if someone has been here for 10 years or less than 1. It is not hard to educate newcomers by simply telling them to use the search function and just let them know where it is located - not everyone knows what you know about this forum. I am personally getting used to because it is different to the other forums I frequent.
Hasn't anyone notice how new members leave promptly? How about the significant decrease of members? There are some of us, new members, who come and search and search more, but do not find the answer to all our questions, and that is why we ask questions. When someone asks a question here, it seems like all the time this is what you get, "USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION!" sometimes accompanied with profanity hidden in these symbols, $*%#!. How is that for a "warming" welcome? How is that for an invitation to stay here to learn and share your knowledge of J-Bodies?
By the way, long-standing members of this forum and new members deserve the same respect. Also, anyone could use some advise, Tinkles and me included. Just become you have been a member of an online car forum for many years does not mean you become wise and earn a right to disrespect others.
SweetnessGT, does seeing the same question posted over and over by different new members aggravates you enough to justify disrespecting them?
I am done this discussion, but I leave all of you, long-standing and new members, with the following message, educate and respect others.
Wednesday, August 14, 2013 8:41 PM
I've noticed the same thing on here. I think some people got bullied as children or had a lack of attention growing up so when they get behind the computer screen they turn mr. Boss Hogg and get their jollies off by yelling at people and telling them to use the search button and all that crap. I belong and have been part of numerous forums and this one sadly is the worse.
Go over to v6z24.com. It's an older generation jbody forum but theres a lot less people with their heads all swelled
Thursday, August 15, 2013 7:10 AM
This one is far from the worst out there believe me in terms of how we treat newcomers but were not that great either I will admit. The attitude lately has been rather poor and I think it's mostly due to the fact we have had a few trolls lately and that gets everyone hyped up so we end up striking out at everyone that comes by with a "newb" question. Is our search feature the best? No, but it does work especially with questions that get asked a million times. Search SS rims and I'm sure you'll get a million results. For the little things probably not but this was at the top of the page to be fair. As far as forum activity this is an old and dead platform as the years go by the active members will only continue to shrink. I do think things need to change and be more aware of how we appear to legitimate newcomers. I mean who know the next big contributor to the J body scene might be turned away by our negative attitude when they join.
Not trying to be disrespectful or rude but I think we all need to take a step back and take a look at how the site looks to an outsider interested in joining.

For all newbs, for every forum
Thursday, August 15, 2013 9:57 PM
Welcome OP.

To the other replies:
Nice to the newcomers. Yes, its a good thing for everyone. Lets all be honest though, if you found this site and managed to create an account and then start a thread, you know what a search bar looks like and you have no excuses. The one here looks just about the same as evey other one on the internet so save everyone the sob story about how you couldn't find it or didn't know how to use it. Search bar aside, I can't speak for everyone but I haven't been to a forum yet that doesn't have stickies at the top of the page, when you're new to something, check it out, browse a little, you know, look but don't touch.

Repect is absolutely due when you are new to a forum, especially those who have been around a long time. Many people have spent countless hours compiling information and resources and have been nice enough to share it with everyone else, they are the reason you have a forum to go to at all.

Check your politically correct, we're all equal, rainbows and unicorns bull@!#$ at the door. You get respect when you contribute something worthwhile and don't forget you came here for help. Nobody owes you anything.

JBO welcomes newcomers, its a dying platform, makes no sense not to.
Re: For all newbs, for every forum
Friday, August 16, 2013 4:50 AM
Pretty much agree with everything you just said. I'm pretty sure I've said this before and don't know how hard it would be to do but other forums I've been to make you read a mandatory rules and agreements page before you can even post. Some go as far as making you wait for an admin approval. Now that might be a bit much for the ORG but a rules and agreements page of some sort don't see how hard that would be to implement. Might cut down on the "sorry I'm new and don't know any better" excuses.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search