where can I get projector headlight for my 01 z24 - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
where can I get projector headlight for my 01 z24
Tuesday, October 01, 2013 8:41 PM
need a website for projector headlights for my 01 z24'''' help

Re: where can I get projector headlight for my 01 z24
Wednesday, November 06, 2013 2:48 PM
scott hillriegel wrote:need a website for projector headlights for my 01 z24'''' help

I know there was a guy who did custom headlight projectors for our year cars. As far as I know there are no manufactures who make a projector headlight for the 00-02. You can get a halo projector kit and retrofit them to your headlight housing.
Sunday, December 08, 2013 8:32 PM
I figured I would bump this thread instead of making a new one... I can't find any projectors either. My work relocated me to a different shop and it requires me to drive on unlit highway for about 10-20mins a day and some days are very hard to see, especially with everyone elses bright headlights shining at me. The factory low beams in my wife's Mazda 3 (non HID) are brighter than all my lights combined. The light is all over the road on my cavalier, some spots are a little bight them dim. the Mazda has wide beam and a crisp cut off line. but the light output is even on the road. and when you turn high beams on, you could see like 1/2 a mile in front of you. Just wondering if I should be trying to find projectors, not sure if our head light housing design is junk? or if a simple upgrade to aftermarket bulbs or even expensive PIAA's some people talk about? I dont want the look at my extremely blue lights look, just looking for something that I can see farther than 2 ft in front of me.

2000 Cavalier Z24 5spd - Intake, Dynomax muffler, Hawk Pads, Powerslot rotors, Sportlines/Koni reds, Neon Coil, MSD 8.5 Wires - **SOLD**
2014 Kia Forte Koup SX 6spd - 1.6L Turbo - My new car
2015 Kia Sorento EX V6 AWD - Wifes Car

Sunday, December 08, 2013 9:01 PM
I installed 9007-3 55watt 6000K hid headlights and foglights. I also reamed them. If you want projectors you have to make them yourself or have someone make them for you. If not get 55w 9007-3 bulbs. Make sure they are the -3 and you will thank me for that.

Here is how to do a retrofit:

On the inside my car looks like a fighter jet.
Friday, December 13, 2013 10:11 AM
Thanks for the video, it has me thinking now, just not sure if its worth the effort, I bought some Eurolite bulbs for $25/pair, they helped a bit, the filament on the old bulbs looked burnt/well used, surprised they lasted this long. But they still suck, if I'm the only one on road, they okay but when these lifted Trucks/SUV's with HIDs in halogen reflectors are shine light right into your eyes, you can't see a thing. I passed one truck this morning, looked like he had after market projectors and HID's and also had extra lights on a light bar, no problem at all, he had them aimed properly so they don't bother others, not sure why he needed low beam HIDs, fog lights and driving lights on a light bar all on at the same time on a lighted road. But they never bothered me, then yesterday , this lifted truck was blinding me HIDs in headlights and fog lights. I was in the wife's car and she has good high beams so said f. you and flashed him and I get a wide LED light bar flashing back at me. It was kind of funny cause the LED light bar had very little output compared to the HIDs, its like um okay. Just don't understand why people have no respect for others on the road. I had HIDs in my cobalt before but aimed them down alot. still was not the "right" way of doing it but I was high beamed once in 3years of owning it. I've driven in a different car while a friend drove in my car oncoming and they never bothered me. Up against a garage door, I never had that cut off line you get with projectors but you could tell they were aimed down. I seen many other cars on the roads where you can tell they have HIDs but they are not blinding. Alot of these guys just put levelling kits in trucks too which only raises the front, which raises the lights even more....
Sorry about the long rant, just venting, everyday, roads are getting darker and harder to see with all these guys blinding others.

So my next question is, I do like the look of the 00-02 headlights and would love to do a projector retro. but has anyone put 95-99 projectors(you can get one piece with corner lights attached as well so no fender bracket needed?) on a 00-02 without swapping the bumper, I know guys done it other way and trimmed the bumper, but didnt want to swap bumpers as well. I tried searching and cant find much, just guys with 95-99s swapping to 00 lights. Just wondering if anyone had a picture of 99 lights with 00 bumper.

2000 Cavalier Z24 5spd - Intake, Dynomax muffler, Hawk Pads, Powerslot rotors, Sportlines/Koni reds, Neon Coil, MSD 8.5 Wires - **SOLD**

Thursday, December 19, 2013 7:27 AM
The only thing that would make it work IMO to swap 95-99 lights onto an 00-02 bumper would be to make a filler panel out of plastic or fiberglass and paint it to match the car.
Personally, I'd just do a bumper swap.

Thursday, December 26, 2013 6:49 PM
HID's in our cars are illegal, as they did not come from the factory with them, and they do not make HID housings for our cars.

FU Tuning

Friday, December 27, 2013 10:14 AM
Here is a link to a site that sells them if you don't want to make them your self.
http://www.xtralights.com/search-results.aspx?find=Cavalier+01+headlight

Addicted to meth wrote:HID's in our cars are illegal, as they did not come from the factory with them, and they do not make HID housings for our cars.

They are illegal if you do not put projectors if you put projectors in they will not mess with you i have had mine in for a couple years, have been pulled over gotten tickets for tint, speeding, you name it but never one for headlights. Also as you can see from the link above they do make the "HID housings" for them.

Friday, December 27, 2013 11:19 AM
They make housings for 95-99 and 03-05. Nothing for 2k-2k2.

That being said any modification to oem lighting is illegal. You probably will get hassled if you just put hid's in oem housing but even with a projector its illegal. You probably wont get hassled though.

For 2k-2k2 there is only one option and thats custom.
Friday, December 27, 2013 2:41 PM
These are what I started working on.

Im using Morimoto Mini DS2's and other parts from: theretrofitsource.com

Saturday, December 28, 2013 9:01 PM
Hey Philly, do you have a how to or any more pictures. I am interested in doing this myself. I am sure it's not to bad to do but any advice is always nice. I am thinking of picking up a spare set of headlights from junkyard, then I can take my time. I did take apart my cobalt ss headlights apart to paint them black before so I don't think retrofits will be to bad. Is there any reason you went with ds2 instead of h1, I heard that more people use h1 because they are brighter.

Sunday, December 29, 2013 8:36 AM
How to is basic.

Grind out the bulb hole till the projector fits. Cut down the bulb holder on the back of the headlight so it fits. It is quite easy really and mostly just trial and error.

I had to grind the shroud so it fits etc.

I went with the DS2 because the MH1 is too big to mount the way I did it. The DS2 is just mm off the headlight lens.

The only way to make the MH1 fit would be to do a traditional retrofit but because I went with a easier method I dont have the space.

That headlight is just a test. I bought some scrap parts and made sure my idea would work before I spent the cash on the whole retro setup.
Sunday, December 29, 2013 10:21 AM
Sounds simple enough, I guess its just a matter of saving some money and buying the parts. You don't have them in the car or anything yet? Keep us updated if you get them mounted and that. Thanks for the info though. There is a lot of retros on hidplanet/youtube but its nice seeing pictures and that on a car the same as yours if you know what I mean.
Are you going to buy HID's from TRS? or somewhere else? I'm trying to decide if I should just get projectors from them or a complete kit.

Sunday, December 29, 2013 10:43 AM
I bought the full retrofit kit from them on black friday. Its best to wait for a sale. I just cruise forums looking for them but you can get 25% off on gb's and such.

That was my mock up. Now that I have the parts ill work on them when I have time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Sunday, December 29, 2013 10:43 AM
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search