Lights for 04 Sunfire - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Lights for 04 Sunfire
Tuesday, December 31, 2013 7:46 AM
Hi, I've been trying to find headlights for my sunfire and I can't seem to find any that will actually be bright.... I bought some last year and we can barely see anything... I was wondering if there's a stronger type of bulb or light that will not burn out my wiring.. thanks

Re: Lights for 04 Sunfire
Tuesday, December 31, 2013 8:25 AM
What brand of lights have you tried? I know my 2000 Cavalier headlights suck, I'm looking to invest in retrofit projectors and HIDs. Some people have good luck with silverstars. Stay away from wannabe Xenon HIDs from ebay, etc. they will make your lights blue but you will not be able to see the road. and most of them, because there light output sucks so bad, they up the wattage to 80/100watt and end up melting wires, blinding other drivers, etc. HID's are bright but in a halogen reflector housing, they will glare really bad and you will get high beamed by other drivers. I am not sure if they make projectors for the sunfire but if not, look into theretrofitsource.com and hidplanet.com
Another option, if you are driving down back roads with no oncoming traffic, I believe the sunfires have a 4 lamp system, you can add a relay so that when you turn your high beams on, your low beams stay on as well. Look in the Library...

2000 Cavalier Z24 5spd - Intake, Dynomax muffler, Hawk Pads, Powerslot rotors, Sportlines/Koni reds, Neon Coil, MSD 8.5 Wires - **SOLD**
2014 Kia Forte Koup SX 6spd - 1.6L Turbo - My new car
2015 Kia Sorento EX V6 AWD - Wifes Car

Tuesday, December 31, 2013 8:53 AM
I checked other posts and they said switching the high beam h9 bulb to my low beam h11 bulb since its a higher lumens output ill try that out when it is less cold outside haha and i think my lights are silvanna but theyre only 4800k
Tuesday, December 31, 2013 8:54 AM
They are eurovision h11 55W lights
Tuesday, December 31, 2013 9:51 AM
hmm, maybe they have too much paint on the glass? With halogens, They produce a yellowigh light, so to give them this "pure white" look, they have to paint the glass blue, the higher the K the more paint they need. I know mine are Eurolite 4100K and they are not too bad, the paint is pretty transparent, Then ones that say 6000-8000k, they have to put tons of paint on the bulb for it to produce that color, also they usually have to up the wattage. Not sure if 4800k is that bad but trying a Silverstar/Eurolite or other light with closer to 4000k might help a little. Going with a H9 in your low beam might help as well but may also produce more glare and piss off others. Also, bulb life will probably go down lots. I know, with the new headlights I put it, they are decent but with 50% of the trucks here with lift kits and HIDs in halogen reflector housings, I get blinded lots so it makes it harder to see the road. My wife has Eurolite H11 in her Halogen projectors in her Mazda 3 and they light up the road. I think the reflector housing GM built for are cars is junk, scatters the light all over the place instead of focusing it on the road in front of you. You could keep getting brighter lights but eventually it will just piss off oncoming traffic.

2000 Cavalier Z24 5spd - Intake, Dynomax muffler, Hawk Pads, Powerslot rotors, Sportlines/Koni reds, Neon Coil, MSD 8.5 Wires - **SOLD**
2014 Kia Forte Koup SX 6spd - 1.6L Turbo - My new car
2015 Kia Sorento EX V6 AWD - Wifes Car

Wednesday, January 01, 2014 3:16 PM
the spread pattern on the 03 headlights are horrible.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search