Subtle front bumper for 03-05 - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Subtle front bumper for 03-05
Monday, March 10, 2014 7:06 PM
Hello all, does anyone make something subtle for the front bumper cover? I'm not looking for a big body kit style bumper and I've already had an rksport lip and just sat way to low compared to the LSS side skirts.

Aside from the stock LSS front cover is there anything else mild that is readily available? I might grab another rk lip but we'll see.

Thanks for any input!

Re: Subtle front bumper for 03-05
Tuesday, March 11, 2014 4:54 AM
By far the extreme tuner front end is what you want. It's based off of the concept turbo sport cav which was BEAUTIFUL. Unfortunately it's not made anymore and those who have one (*cough* KYLE, VINCE) are hanging onto them. I'm too lazy to look for pics of the actual kit but here's the TURBO SPORT CAV

"In Oldskool we trust"
Tuesday, March 11, 2014 7:41 AM
Yep, I love that cover, that's the trouble though. You can't find these anywhere.

Same with the LS Sport bumper. I'd get another of these, but I can't seem to find one anywhere either. I've found a few suppliers, but they want around $300 it would seem for it. That's insane
Tuesday, March 11, 2014 7:53 AM
Yeah unfortunately they're pretty costly. Best bet is to call a whole bunch of yards and have them call you if they get one in. That's if you can wait, of course.

I'm trying to remember what lip PJ used on his base model front bumper. Looked nice, just don't remember the brand.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Tuesday, March 11, 2014 8:11 AM
Didn't he use the RKsport? I had it, sat much lower than the side skirts. Kinda looked silly to me.
Tuesday, March 11, 2014 9:43 AM
I just might stick with my base model bumper, and put the LSS fog lights in it. We'll see.
Tuesday, March 11, 2014 9:51 AM
sscavalier wrote:Didn't he use the RKsport? I had it, sat much lower than the side skirts. Kinda looked silly to me.

Yeah it probably does. I'm like you I hate almost all body mods because they're bulky and gaudy. Just remember there's no bracket at all for the fogs in the base model bumper. You're almost better off finding something aftermarket to get in there easier.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Tuesday, March 11, 2014 10:16 AM
The xtreme tuner kits are not subtle. They do turn heads.
Btw, thanks for that link y3llowcav. I've never seen that one,only the silver one.
Where can i find a hood like that.The only ones i find look more like 2000 celica hoods,narrow opening,not wide like a that hood.
Tuesday, March 11, 2014 11:33 AM
Compared to the drift, and all the other crazy looking ones, yes, the tuner bumper is very subtle, and clean.

As far as brackets, i'll probably end up just weld something up on my own.
Tuesday, March 11, 2014 12:19 PM
Extreme tuner stuff will pop up from time to time tho if u keep an eye out. I got most of mine dirt cheap

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 12:31 PM
Will do, thanks for the tip!

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 1:48 PM
Carl Calvin wrote:The xtreme tuner kits are not subtle. They do turn heads.
Btw, thanks for that link y3llowcav. I've never seen that one,only the silver one.
Where can i find a hood like that.The only ones i find look more like 2000 celica hoods,narrow opening,not wide like a that hood.

Find me a front thats more subtle....

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 5:06 PM
Don't get me wrong., it's my favorite looking bodykit (onlyone) for the 03+
That's why i have one, still waiting to get more parts for build.
Maybe it's because every cav that has the xtreme tuner kit also is lowered and has the engine upgrades,aftermarket rims and tires to go with, that make it not to subtle.
But i wouldn't put that kit on unless i had all the extras.
Maybe just a lss body kit from a pick n pull,and cut out the front bracing. Thats subtle, just a little change.
Sunday, March 16, 2014 6:19 PM
LS Sport is about all you will find readily available.

'03 LS Sport 5spd, Amsoil fluids, Vibrant cat-back, 5% 3M color stable tint, Z24 trunk lid

Monday, March 17, 2014 7:58 AM
02 LSS front conversion. IMO, that with the 03+ LSS sides and rear would be perfect.

Monday, March 17, 2014 8:31 AM
Mr. Quick wrote:02 LSS front conversion. IMO, that with the 03+ LSS sides and rear would be perfect.

Agreed. I think that's the best combo by far.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search