ideas on smoked taillights - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
ideas on smoked taillights
Friday, April 04, 2014 3:56 AM
I'm going to smoke my taillights this weekend on my 2004 cavalier. But I don't know if I want to do the whole thing or everything but the circle for the reverse light and brake light. I need opinions on what you guys think. I will only be doing 3 coats then the clear. Thanks in advance.

Re: ideas on smoked taillights
Friday, April 04, 2014 5:56 AM
IMO, masking off the circles is the only way to do the 03-05 tails. If you smoke them all, you're going to have those bumps there and that will look weird.

Friday, April 04, 2014 6:25 AM
I blacked out all of the red tail bar with main rear taillights and backup lights masked off .Once I finished spraying my tail bar I removed the tape on the rear tails and taped off the tailbar carefully circling my tape around the rear tails and sprayed 3 coats of VHT NIGHT SHADES. Then 20 minutes after that I sprayed 3 coats of clear.Once that was done I proceeded to cut out a letter Z in out of cardboard then taped it to my white backup lights and then sprayed that black and then clear .Now I have a smoked rear tail bar light with Z white buckup lights = very unique and cool! You can do the same to color match your car ,mine is black so it was fairly easy to match.

BLACKMANTIS
Friday, April 04, 2014 9:10 AM
Buy another trunk at the junk yard and delete the lights in the trunk and the key hole and tint the actual tail lights kinda like this....

Friday, April 04, 2014 9:11 AM
^^^ crappy cell pic from far away sorry.
Friday, April 04, 2014 10:09 AM
Is that a rally model cavalier?
Holy wheel gap!
Saturday, April 05, 2014 2:32 PM
No, its a 99 base with a full body kit and yeah I know it was really bad but she's lowered now so its all good.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search