Custom headlights question. - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Custom headlights question.
Friday, July 11, 2014 2:52 PM
I found these few headlights that I attached pictures of. The threads said that they used stock sunfire housings to make the blinkers but I couldn't find any info on how to do it. Does anyone know how to make these or a thread on it? I'd like to give it a try.
Attachments
image.jpg (145k)
image.jpg (139k)
image.jpg (132k)
image.jpg (68k)
image.jpg (73k)

2002 Pontiac Sunfire SE Sedan 2.2l Ecotec 4 Speed Auto.

Re: Custom headlights question.
Friday, July 11, 2014 6:33 PM
The blinker uses the lens not the housing I read it wrong.

Saturday, July 12, 2014 5:07 PM
What is that bezel at the top of the headlights called and where do you get it from? I've seen it on every single sunfire with projector/HIDs that there are pictures of but I can't find it anywhere?

Tuesday, July 15, 2014 5:11 AM
That's part of the factory headlight housing. You just don't see it behind the factory lense because of the flutes in the glass.

What John did there was to cut part of that out, put LEDs in it, and replace the portion he cut out with a clear piece of plastic he cut to fit.

Thursday, July 17, 2014 5:33 AM
Thanks I probably should have looked a little closer at my headlights lol. I did know he used the old headlight lens as the cover I wasn't sure what bulbs he used though so thanks for that info. What wire would I use for the blinker though? Is it just the one on the front fogs?

Friday, July 18, 2014 7:40 AM
backpacker3 wrote:Thanks I probably should have looked a little closer at my headlights lol. I did know he used the old headlight lens as the cover I wasn't sure what bulbs he used though so thanks for that info. What wire would I use for the blinker though? Is it just the one on the front fogs?
If you are refering to the wire that goes to the round blinker in the bumper, then yes, that's what you want to use.

I'd replace the factory turn signals with actual fog lights if you make your own turn signals in your headlight housings.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search