Ohhhhhh Maaco - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Ohhhhhh Maaco
Saturday, January 03, 2015 11:16 PM
So I'll most likely be picking up an '02 trunk this week with the spoiler to replace my '05 trunk with light bar. Problem is, I had my car painted at maaco. I'm happy with the job it came out great but I had some inside connections so I got the work done for a steal. Anyway, they just taped off the tail light bar when they painted. So when you take off the outers there's a distinct kind of paint "build up" that outlines the outside of the light. Can I just like wet sand this down with 2k or higher sand paper and buff and wax? Or should I not sand the paint? Any ideas? Thanks

Re: Ohhhhhh Maaco
Wednesday, January 14, 2015 3:29 PM
They just taped the lights off? Wow, well I guess that is why you got it for a steal.

You can always wet sand with 2500+ to bring down the edge, but to get a good finish I would recommend polishing it after you wet sand.

You drive a cavalier? Why yes... yes I do.

Re: Ohhhhhh Maaco
Wednesday, January 14, 2015 8:41 PM
Yeah the paint masking job was sub par but it's maaco. The actually body work and prep work done though was performed at the actual Chevrolet dealership. I guess that's the part that counts the most. I Was thinking of sanding the spots as suggested and then using a rubbing compound with a polish and wax after. Hopefully it doesn't look awful. But then again it's a cavalier.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search