These aftermarket lights any good? - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
These aftermarket lights any good?
Saturday, April 04, 2015 11:36 PM
was looking at these headlights for my 05...anyone have experience with them? hows the light output?

LIGHTS

Re: These aftermarket lights any good?
Sunday, April 05, 2015 4:27 PM
I use to have a set for my 96" and with HID's the output was ok.
Monday, April 06, 2015 6:25 PM
I have those on my car. They come with H7 halogen bulbs which do not do very well as high beams. I replaced the halogen with an HID kit from The Retrofit Source, much better now.

Tuesday, April 07, 2015 4:54 PM
good to know man ill prob pick up a set thanks
Thursday, April 09, 2015 7:02 AM
Agreed. I have these also and with hid conversation they are decent but the halos aren't very bright.

Friday, April 10, 2015 12:14 AM
Yea I was not satisfied with the halo brightness. Fixture is easily disassembled to replace with brighter halos. 80mm is the halo diameter.

Saturday, May 23, 2015 7:13 PM
I like the look of those lights and had them on my mustang. Only issue I had with them was they aren't bright and have a very distinct line of light that annoyed me at highway speeds. like a small box in front of the car. was gonna do hid but was told by numerous people that they would be to hot. not sure how true it is. and if anyone has had any luck with that setup please let me know because id like a set on my 96 cavy.
Saturday, May 23, 2015 10:22 PM
Sparkey05 wrote:I have those on my car. They come with H7 halogen bulbs which do not do very well as high beams. I replaced the halogen with an HID kit from The Retrofit Source, much better now.

What p/n for a retrofit kit do we use for those headlights,confused by there website
Saturday, May 23, 2015 11:02 PM
Jack.. Not sure if it's what ur referring to, but the "line" is the cutoff for the h.I.d.s to help with direction of light flow so u don't blind oncoming traffic, plus I think it's illegal without them..

ReD RaiN
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search